Day to day data comparison on the OVO App instead of date to date data comparison

Related products: OVO app

On the compare function (Kwh I Cost): could it be day to day (i.e: Mon > Mon) currently it is date to date:  Day 1 April 2023: Saturday  /  Day 1  April 2024: Monday 
Why compare a Monday to last year’s Saturday, or last month’s Friday.  More informative data would be a mirror day (Mon > Mon/ Tues > Tues/ Wed > Wed etc).  To allow a person to make informed changes to personnel patterns, on given workday or weekends.  

Certainly worth a suggestion. If you use the Bright app for your data, you can actually do this comparison already. 

Why compare a Monday to last year’s Saturday, or last month’s Friday.  More informative data would be a mirror day (Mon > Mon/ Tues > Tues/ Wed > Wed etc). 

Thanks for this idea. It’s cognate with a suggestion I made elsewhere to re-jig the usage charts to match weekday to weekday. This is what I wrote:

In a specific household, there is most probably a recognizable pattern of weekday consumption, meaning that comparing Sunday usage this month with Thursday last month is pretty meaningless in many cases.  

It should be fairly simple to adjust the bar charts so that instead of having the 1st of the month at the left-hand end and a variable number of bars, have a constant number - say six weeks’-worth - starting with the Monday next before the 2nd of the month.

I made this suggestion sometime last year, but I can’t find it now. This is the mock-up I showed then:

The designers might go potty trying to match, say, February this year to last, but it should certainly be possible. This should take care of the comparisons, too (if you’re lucky enough to have them, that is).

Thank you Firedog, you have articulated this better than I.

For OVO: You have OVO Power Move to encourage users to change their habits.

Can the app, allow a user to see if they have habits on specific days, that they maybe unaware of.  What is a users Monday pattern, as a comparison, to other Mondays on a given month, and compared to last year?

Then Tuesday, Wednesday etc

Let data be the spark that ignites efficiency, guiding each watt wisely towards a brighter, sustainable future.

Really brilliant idea @StephenAckroyd! 😊 I can see it already has support from some of our community members.

I’ll get this raised to our product team and change to ‘open for votes’ so we can gauge interest. 

NewOpen for votes