Skip to main content
Question

linking tado to ovo

• 6 September 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all

How do I link my tado to OVO? I am going round in circles in the app and searching Google with no luck.

Thanks 

Hi @Speedser1979 ,

Only Tado devices purchased directly from OVO can be linked.

Prerequisites: You need both OVO and Tado logins.

Hi, this is the process which including the recent changes:

1. Go to my.ovoenergy.com website and login.
  2. Select the menu option “My thermostat” on the left hand side of the screen.
  3. Select the option “Connect” at the bottom of the screen.

You will now see sent to Tado to login with your Tado details.

1. Enter your Tado username and password
  2. Select “Accept” which is you stating you are allowing OVO to link with Tado and share information etc.

At this point I get taken back to the connect screen and it actually never connects. I think this is because I’m not paying ther Tado monthly “Auto Assist” fee that includes “Energy IQ”.

Hey @Speedser1979 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having. There’s some good advice here already though from our community members. 

Hi @Speedser1979 ,

Only Tado devices purchased directly from OVO can be linked.

Firstly, it would be handy to know if the device came from OVO?

If so, it may be worth giving these steps below a try and letting us know how you get on.

Prerequisites: You need both OVO and Tado logins.

Hi, this is the process which including the recent changes:

1. Go to my.ovoenergy.com website and login.
  2. Select the menu option “My thermostat” on the left hand side of the screen.
  3. Select the option “Connect” at the bottom of the screen.

You will now see sent to Tado to login with your Tado details.

1. Enter your Tado username and password
  2. Select “Accept” which is you stating you are allowing OVO to link with Tado and share information etc.

At this point I get taken back to the connect screen and it actually never connects. I think this is because I’m not paying ther Tado monthly “Auto Assist” fee that includes “Energy IQ”.

I purchased it from Screwfix as it was cheaper than buying it from OVO. Very disappoing they have chosen to block existing users and people who choose to buy from a different retailers.

Very short sighted!

Also very annoying that is not mentioned of the info pages!