Skip to main content
Question

Car unplugged

• 6 September 2024
  • 12 replies

Hi, trying to charge my Hyundai Ionic 5 for the first time, appreciate it's only beta at present.  I've plugged in but ca app says unplugged and no urgent charge option. Any ideas please?  

Hi,

How long has it been plugged in. The App takes a few minutes, about 2 to 25 minutes in my experience to realise the car has been plugged in. 

Thanks for the reply! Over an hour now. Will leave it plugged in over night and see what happens. Just bit concerned haven't got the urgent charge option showing. 

Even bluelink / Hyundai app is saying car not plugged it.  Whe firs

t plugged in it showed as charging for a few seconds and then disconnects. 

Hmm, ove not it take that long.

There can be a few reasons Charge Anytime does work properly.  I'm not familiar with Hyundai.... Taycan driver here but they all rely on thd same interface software to communicate. 

1. Has the car got an LTE connection to the Hyundai servers. Assume your Hyundai App works OK?

2. EVSE ( charger) is not got a timer set?

You could try deleting your car from thd ChargeAnytime App and re adding it.

Hope you get it sorted.! 

Ah, so it is unlikely to be Charge Anytime if the Hyundai App isn't showing as connected.

Try unplugging the car the plug back in with a bit of force. Mine has occasionally failed to recognise the plug going in. You should hear the plug lock once it is inserted.

Quick update, so went to bed and both car app and CA app showing car unplugged.  Woke up  this morning to see car had charged over night which  was great. However little worried haven't got the urgent charge option when first plug in. (Is showing now after the car charged overnight and registering as plugged in).  

Good to hear it is working. Sounds like a server issue at the Hyundai end.

Fingers crossed it now works smoothly. You will experience odd occasions when Charge Anytime fails to communicate end of Charge ti car and soc goes to 100% rather than the soc you set.

Possibly related? https://status.enode.com/incidents/01J63ENK3Z86K0KZRBDENYJF1G

Yep sounds likely 

Hey @Horns9 

Sorry to hear you were having some trouble with charging the car, but I’m glad to hear it did charge overnight.

If you do experience any issues in future, always feel free to pop back to the Forum and we’ll all do what we can to help. 😊

Hey @Horns9 

Sorry to hear you were having some trouble with charging the car, but I’m glad to hear it did charge overnight.

If you do experience any issues in future, always feel free to pop back to the Forum and we’ll all do what we can to help. 😊

Thanks Abby, tried to charge again  yesterday,  plugged in at 2pm. Both  CA and car app say car unplugged and no option to start urgent charge. However car did charge overnight again. Just worried I don't have urgent charge option for when i need it. 

Hey @Horns9 

Is this via the Hyundai app? It might be worth reaching out to Hyundai to check how/if this is available via their app if it’s not available to you.

If it’s via the Charge Anytime app, you can reach out to the team via email at chargeanytime@ovo.com or 0330 175 9678 (Option 1 new customers/option 2 existing customers).