Solved

V2G charger not working - what does a solid red light indicate?

• 28 February 2020
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 2

it didnt last long.  failed after about 1 hour on a red flashing light.  I have since de-energised and re-energised.  It comes on, tries and links to the car, right at the end it fails the connection with the car and goes off.  so no red  light.,  but it wont connect with the car.   i will get some photographs of the installation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ouch, definitely time to call in extra help then!

We’ll try to offer advice as well here if we can, but I’d strongly recommend reaching out to the Smart Home Team. To be honest, I’m also curious as to whether Transparent has the right theory...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That level of detail is great @Dambrogio - the designers will be able to dismiss certain possibilities because of what you’re reporting.

I’m particularly interested to hear that you get no red light on this last occasion. That will mean more to the techies than I. Certain sequences and sensors will trigger that red indicator, whilst others won’t.

Please continue to give feedback at this sort of level. Tell me where you are “energising” the charger from. Remember I can’t see your switches, isolators and trips!

When it “fails connection with the car” tell me where you are noticing this. On the App, or on a display within the car?

Thanks.