Skip to main content
Solved

Power Move - can't see credits? Is it because I'm PAYG?

• 26 July 2024
  • 7 replies

I’ve hit the power Move targets for a number of months now, and had the emails to confirm this. But I’ve not noticed any credits put onto my meter. I’ve asked OVO via online chat, and they said they can’t view Power move on my account, then fobbed me off with a link to the app , which I already have.

Where and when do the Power Move credits get added, and where can I chaeck this for myself please?

7 replies

OKAY. I’ve been told by OVO that Power Move is for monthly billed customers only.

So WHY did they ask me to sign up and send me regular emails sayign I’ve hit their targets for months???

Userlevel 7

How do you pay? Are you on a PAYG (top-up) meter?

The Power Move reward is credited your account and shows up on your monthly bills as a deduction from you usage cost.

You do have to have a CREDIT smart meter though not a PAYG meter.
If you do have PAYG then I have no Idea how you you got signed up to take part?

Userlevel 4

Hi @terrycooper1969,

I’m sorry to hear this.

I can see some good advice has been given by our forum volunteer already.

Have you managed to get this sorted?

Userlevel 4

Hi @terrycooper1969,

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this.

Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

It took a couple of hours and three OVO agents, but it turns out that Power  Move is only available to billed customers. I’m PAYG.

So the question remains - WHY did OVO email me to invite me to sign up for Power Move, and over the last few months email me to tell me I’ve hit my targets and qualified for various bill credits, if this isn’t available to PAYG customers?

Just another case of one department in OVO not knowing what another is doing, and the first line agens being woefully untrained *edited by moderator*

Userlevel 4

Hi @terrycooper1969,

I’m really sorry to hear this.

Were you previously a Pay Monthly customer and have you recently switched to PAYG? This may explain why you’d have been offered Power Move in error.

Thread solved. Thanks for the comments.