Skip to main content

We were required to do a software update by solis, all was going well until the inverter became unresponsive. The display is lit but all the digits are like black squares. No matter what buttons we press there is no change. It has just stopped working. We have been back in contact with solis and have been given various instructions, but they all require us to select menus on the inverter. They aren't grasping that the buttons don't do anything. So I'd thought I'd ask here if anyone has any ideas about how we get the inverter to wake up and start working. 

Hi @Hetmorrs , depending on your system specification it may be that the update failed. 
There is a Solis guide here which might help. It involves holding ‘escape’ ‘up’ and ‘enter’ simultaneously to put it in recovery mode. You would need to make sure of a correct update being available and follow the instruction on the guide in the link. 
Not done this before myself but hope you can get it to reboot

Did you get any further @Hetmorrs ?

A firmware update is often a tense time as there are several things which can happen; power dip, wrong firmware used, process interruption. 
Many do this ‘over the air’ but with your system perhaps that’s not possible. 
If not Solis, can your installer help?

Hello. Thank you, yes that helped to get it back up and working. If only Solis could have told us that weeks ago... thank you so much for helping