Solved

Solis app and household appliances?

• 3 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I was looking for repair parts for my Solis coffee machine and came across the following discussion: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/topic/show?tid=14671&fid=138

So, if I understood correctly, I can link my Solis appliances to a specific app? Or is the Solis app mentioned in the discussion something different? I’m quite new to the smart home topic and would love to learn more about it. 

My question may not be relevant to this forum, but I’m running out of options and would like to inquire about where to find repair parts for my machine (with shipment to the Netherlands). I was able to find the heating element on FixPart, but the brewing unit is currently out of stock. Would someone be able to help me with these questions? 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 3 March 2024, 11:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In that case, the Solis app is specifically for monitoring (and controlling) a Solis solar PV system via a Solis inverter. 
It’s not an app like SmartThings which links into various individual appliances 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Also, maybe don’t use ChatGPT to generate self-promotion perhaps?

The Forum Moderators have made their views clear before. New members aren’t entitled to promote or advertise random stuff, so your link will be edited out.

Badge

In that case, the Solis app is specifically for monitoring (and controlling) a Solis solar PV system via a Solis inverter. 
It’s not an app like SmartThings which links into various individual appliances 

This provides a little more clarity, thank you!

Badge

Also, maybe don’t use ChatGPT to generate self-promotion perhaps?

The Forum Moderators have made their views clear before. New members aren’t entitled to promote or advertise random stuff, so your link will be edited out.

Isn’t ChatGPT like a Q&A system for seeking information? Therefore, it can’t generate self-promotion?