Solved

Smart meter sometimes shows power being exported to the grid after dark

• 14 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am puzzled that my smart meter sometimes shows power being exported to the grid after dark.

Can anyone explain please?

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 14 December 2023, 13:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @CarolineEllis ,

I suspect that might be because you’ve still got a bit of juice being exported perhaps?

Please show us photos of the meter itself, I can potentially tell you how you can check on the meter whether it’s importing or exporting.

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CarolineEllis , the display looks a little odd. As far as I know when the pylon/export indicator appears, there should be no usage displayed on the dial - the figures should show the amount being exported 

Badge

Thank you for your help with this and will look into the anomalies you mention. 

I understand that the pylon means exporting to the grid from my solar panels. But not how this could happen after dark in winter as couldn't think the batteries could be full.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for your help with this and will look into the anomalies you mention. 

I understand that the pylon means exporting to the grid from my solar panels. But not how this could happen after dark in winter as couldn't think the batteries could be full.

Your inverter can be set to export at certain times/situations so it’s worth checking it all out. 

Badge

Thank you for that insight. I will check it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No problem. There are a few on the forum with good experience of solar/battery systems.