Solved

Ecodan - how to get the room stats working

• 3 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi Folks, 

I was reading the very helpful posts on

Ecodan FTC- Had a nightmare trying to balance the house temperature?

as as i was getting to the end, I was sure I was going to get the answer I need but i didn't. 

I have a very similar issue to the OP, except my FTC is indoor so its saying the heat is currently much higher than the room stats which are Danfoss. I have UFH downstairs and Rads upstairs, so on 2 Zones. The compensation curve is giving enough heat downstairs but not upstairs, especially at night for the little ones, so I want to swap control the heat by the room stats. I have 2 stats down stairs and one upstairs. 

I don't have a wireless controller, but surely my system can run off the Danfoss stats? 

any help would be great. 

icon

Best answer by M.isterW 4 January 2024, 10:10

View original

6 replies

Badge

@M.isterW @amanda1

@Ecodanwarrior @dgamble731 @James_N  @Whitwop @christianedward @hambrook @Speps @fox 

@razor 

I am tagging some of the experts who might be able to help me from the original post. 

Badge

opps sorry, I am not an Ovo customer, just came here through google and thought it was a good place to ask my question. sorry 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

MisterW and Amanda both have Ecodans and are very helpful with advice on how they operate theirs. Meanwhile have you looked at the https://renewableheatinghub.co.uk website which has lots of heat pump owners and will be able to give you advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Most heat pumps don't work very well with third party thermostats. They're mostly designed for gas boilers so you may struggle to get good results.

What you need is a higher flow temperature at night which isn't possible with the Danfoss thermostats. They just switch the system on and off. A Mitsubishi thermostat will adjust the flow temperature.

I would talk to a Mitsubishi expert (there's a list on the Mitsubishi website) about running a 2 zone system with a pair of Mitsubishi wireless thermostats. That should allow you to run a higher flow temperature only when you need more heat to the rads while shutting off the UFH to stop that zone getting too hot.

Userlevel 7

I’ve added a badge to your account so you can be identified by other heat pump owners @New to Heat Pumps 🙂

Badge

thank you MisterW, i’ll do that.