Solved

Ecodan- Cant work out why heating isn't coming on at set times

• 17 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge

Recent installation of ecodan system and struggling to set up timed temperature changes for heating.

Schedule for heating has been set at 16 overnight, 18 from 5.30 am and down to 16 again at 8pm.

Schedule timer set as on for the whole 24 hours.

Tried this two mornings so far and on neither morning has heating turned up to 18 at 5.30 am.

I think I've tried both the timer symbol from f4 heating house symbol and the on symbol. 

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me exactly what symbols should be showing on the screen for the heating button at bedtime, so I can wake up to heat. Many thanks

icon

Best answer by M.isterW 17 December 2023, 13:56

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@M.isterW @amanda1 both have Ecodans. Meanwhile can you post a photo of your controller screen here. Whereabouts in the country are you ? What’s your outside temperature ? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Cockroft I don’t use timed settings. I saying this on this forum but people prefer to think in terms of timed settings because they are still in gas boiler mode. I don’t use timed settings on mine…you don’t need to. Just use the wireless thermostat (Par WT50 R-E)

I use the wireless thermostat to set the room temperature - at the moment it is in my hall but you can move it around. I set it manually at 18 in the daytime, then I flick the required room temperature up to 19 in the evenings, and back down to 18 overnight. We had a whole week recently of -11C, -14C, -10 etc and I may have kept him at 19 during the day as well. You can change the set temperature via the melcloud app if you are on your way home, on holiday etc.

This does not mean that the Ecodan is running continuously 24/7. It just means that he comes on when the room temperature falls below your set temperature. And goes off when the room temperature reaches one degree above your set temperature.

So he will come on several times during a 24 hour cycle, as and when necessary. When it is colder, it will take him longer to raise the internal temperature to the required set temperature, so he will be running for longer each time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What controller are you using? Do you have a Mitsubishi wireless thermostat or a third party thermostat?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Mitsubishi Ecodan owners - youze all need one of these - PAR WT50 R-E - wireless remote controller!

Badge

Sorry. Got diverted into Christmas  preps, so only just seen kind replies.

I'll try and answer all questions in one, if that's OK.

I have not yet been provided with a wireless or even wired thermostat (long story).  So I'm using the main controller thingy to learn how to set it up.  I think they're giving me a wired one this week and I'll definitely use that for temperatures when it arrives.

But......although im beginning to understand it isn't gas or even like my previous ashp, I would like it to be lower than 18 in the night, but warm when I get up. I thought setting the temperatures on the schedule would do this, but it isn't. I used the up down buttons last night to set 16 as required temp overnight. Schedule requesting 19 at 5.30 am. Got up and screen read 16 for required temperature and 18 for current in house temperature. So, it wasn't doing what I thought I'd asked it to do.

Not sure h9w to send a picture...but will try and work that out.

Thank you all so far

Badge

Oh and I'm in mid Wales and temp outside is 9

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

If you’re using a phone to view this you can just click on the top right square icon with mountains and it offers the camera…

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Is it possible that the heating was on from 5:30 but then went off as the house has reached the target temperature of 18deg ? 

Badge

Hi juliamc

I'm pretty sure not because I have a givenergy app that shows hourly usage and there wasn't any above the normalbasel8ne amount from 5,30

Badge

Can't do picture. Take one on mountains, but when I try to find it it's nowhere I can see. Press attach and it asks for a url.

I give upl😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As Amanda has said, you really want the Mitsubishi wireless thermostat with an Ecodan heat pump. It allows you to run the heat pump in auto adapt mode, which runs it at the lowest flow temperature to maximise efficiency. Do not allow your installer to fit a third party thermostat as they mess up your efficiency and will cost you money.

Badge

Noted, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just tried the take photo option and it didn’t work for me either !

Try taking photo, the click on mountain icon, select Photo library then add your photo: (you may have to allow the app to access your photos)

This is the Home Screen on my Daikin hp