Skip to main content

Why Ovo Carbon forecast is not working today? I always follow the advice given on the Ovo website to know when it is cheaper yo use energy but today Ovo has not informed us what to do! Please, help!

It must be the feed further up the line as currently (wed 12/6 08:12) other carbon insight data not available, eg from Givenergy, PodPoint

Hey @Rosmy & @juliamc,

I’ve raised this with the team to see if they’re aware of the issues and once I hear back then I can let you know more. Thanks for highlighting this for us 🙂

Hey @Rosmy & @juliamc

The team told me they never received enough information from the grid to form a forecast. This would tie in with what Julia was saying about the issue affecting others, too! The team is investigating the issue, and hopefully, it’s just a one-off. If we hear anything further, we’ll let you know.

Hi, thanks Julia & Christopher for putting my mind at rest. Your advice and help are much appreciated!

I’m not sure if this is the case, but if OVO’s Carbon Forecast depends on the data from carbonintensity.org.uk as I suspect, their site isn’t working properly either. Their API is used by many organizations that want to share this invaluable stuff. If their system goes down, so does everybody else’s.

Just seeing the sun shining today and picturing all the solar panels generating  and exporting back to the grid ☀️ and wondered if that, albeit small amount, would on these carbon forecast ? I now have battery storage and could import at a low carbon time then export at a high carbon period. There are industrial size battery storage plants selling back to the grid. How would that be shown ?