Solved

Moving in - any advice on choosing the right energy supplier?

• 18 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m relocate to the UK recently that I have never experienced on choosing an energy tariff from an energy provider here, so I have got some question regarding the energy tariff provided by OVO Energy provider.

As I don’t have any billing history in the UK before, I’m not able to get a quote from the OVO official website or other platforms. 

In view of my current situation, I have no ideas on which tariff will be suitable to me and my partner. I have found that there is variable tariffs is offered by OVO, if possible, could you please let me know the current cost per unit of energy so that I can estimate the cost I need to pay for the energy? I would be greatly appreciate if I could collect some opinions and recommendations from you. 

Here are some informations about the residents and the property:
Types of property: Apartment with two bedrooms, one bathroom and one kitchen with economy 7 meter.
Residents: Two residents, we don’t use much energy in the day time

Thank you for your assistance.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 19 August 2022, 10:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @connie710 and thanks for posting. 

If your new home is already on supply with OVO, see this guide on how to get an account set up and choose a plan:

If you’re not on supply with OVO, I want to help you make an informed decision on whether our plans are right for you. As you may be aware, the wholesale prices for energy are currently very high, and our fixed plans are priced on a daily basis to reflect these.

The variable price we offer matches the Price Cap put in place earlier this year, so your current supplier will offer exactly the same rate or less. 

Given this, we don’t believe they would be suitable for the majority of customers and recommend staying with your current supplier until more competitive rates are available. If you'd like to receive a notification when energy prices drop from their current highs, simply enter your email address here