Solved

OVO have lost my FIT account!?

• 12 October 2023
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 2

My FIT (Feed in Tariff) account was with SSE. I tried to submit my FIT readings in September 2023 but was told my account had been transferred to OVO.  I tried to submit my readings to OVO but they said they have no record of my account.
They gave me an email to send my numbers  to fits-read@ovoenergy.com. I sent my numbers and got no reply. I rang OVO again. They said they had no record of my email submission and someone would be in touch with me. 
No-ones been in touch with me. My energy account isn’t with OVO so I can’t log into their website.

I need my FIT payment to. balance my budget 

Help please. If you have successfully contacted OVO with a similar problem tell me what you did. Or OVO if you’re reading this let me know what to do 

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 12 October 2023, 15:10

View original

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You should try sending the email again, but to fits@ovoenergy.com .

If you have a FiT-Only account, there is no online account service.

Userlevel 2

Thankyou Blastoise. I checked my mails and fits@ovoenergy.com is the email we used first which got no reply from OVO and no record of receipt when we rang the OVO FIT office.  We were then advised by SSE to try  fits-read@ovoenergy.com. Which also didn't receive a reply

Have you successfully submitted FIT readings through the fits@ovoenergy.com email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I don’t have FiT/SEG myself. However, you just need to be patient - the team will get back to you when they can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry to hear that @mshealey 

also recommend persevering with OVO until you are sure the transfer from sse to ovo has completed at least. 

I think if no one has been in touch after 10 working days then I would personally put in a complaint to try and escalate. I feel that is sufficient time even if they are busy. I wouldn't leave it any longer than 10 working days personally. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Unfortunately customers raising issues related to the OVO FIT team are not uncommon on the forum. OVO have said they are struggling with workload. 

If you keep posting your progress some of the regular posters may be able to offer advice as things progress. 

Fingers crossed it will get sorted soon for you. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @mshealey,

Sorry for the experience you’re having,

Unfortunately, there may be a wait before you get a response from out FiT Team via email. Alternatively, you can speak to our Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

Userlevel 2

Hi Emmanuelle. Thanks for your reply. I have tried ringing OVO but unfortunately they can’t find my account so they can’t record the numbers. 

These are my actions so far

19th September took readings and phoned SSE. SSE had a recorded message saying phone OVO. Rang OVO and they said they hadn’t got our account transferred yet and would we wait a week

25th September. Phoned OVO. OVO said they still hadn’t transferred our account but we could email our numbers. Emailed our numbers to fits@OVOEnergy.com and asked for confirmation. Received an automatic reply

29th September. Rang OVO they had no record of us or our account, or of our emails.  The phone operator said they would pass on our details and we would hear from them within 10 days.
29th September sent a repeat email with our fit numbers  asking for confirmation that it had been received 

2nd October contacted SSE and they suggested using fits-reads@OVOenergy.com  so we tried emailing that address

12th October  still hadn’t heard anything from OVO so put this post on the forum

We do rely on our FIT payments financially.  So please OVO get this sorted

ps the email contacts were from my husbands email and the fit account is in his name 

Userlevel 7

Hey @mshealey,

Really sorry to hear this, it sounds very frustrating. 

In that case, it might be worth following Jeffus’ advice if you don’t receive an email response from the FiT Team. 

I think if no one has been in touch after 10 working days then I would personally put in a complaint to try and escalate. I feel that is sufficient time even if they are busy. I wouldn't leave it any longer than 10 working days personally. 

Unfortunately customers raising issues related to the OVO FIT team are not uncommon on the forum. OVO have said they are struggling with workload. 

If you keep posting your progress some of the regular posters may be able to offer advice as things progress. 

Fingers crossed it will get sorted soon for you. 

Hope this gets sorted for you.

Userlevel 2

Thanks all. I have now followed Jeffus link and logged a complaint. We’ll see what happens next 

Userlevel 2

So I had a reply from the complaint to OVO on Friday 13th October. They said we’d been emailing them from the wrong email account so they couldn’t deal with it. They also said they tried to phone us but we were out. So full of hope I sent the email from my other account and waited. I thought they must have our account transferred in order to know those details.

Nothing further,  so we rang OVO this morning (Monday 16th). They had no record of our account, or our complaint and asked us to submit our readings to fits@OVOenergy.com. We have done this

Let’s hope complaints gets back to us soon

Userlevel 2

No further response, so today I tried the chat helpline. I was number 205 in the queue when I started and it took me over 30minutes to get to talk to someone. Then a further hour trying to persuade her our FIT account is with OVO. She tried every which way to find any trace of it, but couldn’t. I suddenly thought of of sending her a photo of my FIT payment letter from July 2023 and at last she believed my story.

The chat lady raised a case for me which she assures me is marked high priority.  So does this mean someone from OVO will get in touch with me?  I do hope so

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No further response, so today I tried the chat helpline. I was number 205 in the queue when I started and it took me over 30minutes to get to talk to someone. Then a further hour trying to persuade her our FIT account is with OVO. She tried every which way to find any trace of it, but couldn’t. I suddenly thought of of sending her a photo of my FIT payment letter from July 2023 and at last she believed my story.

The chat lady raised a case for me which she assures me is marked high priority.  So does this mean someone from OVO will get in touch with me?  I do hope so

I suspect the backlog of cases the ovo FIT/SEG teams are working on may mean any reply isn't quick… Same for the complaint team. 

It does sound like you are making progress though albeit slowly. 

Userlevel 1

This seems to mirror our experience pretty closely.

On 7th September we received a welcome letter from OVO stating that the move of our FIT account to OVO from SSE was complete and inviiting next meter readings in September.

On 19th September I emailed fits-reads@ovoenergy.com (as advised on the welcome email) with our geneation and export readings taken that day. I further asked to opt out of future export FIT payments as we were having an additional (separate) system installed the following day and would wish to apply for SEG payments with a different supplier. I asked for confirmation when this had been actioned. I also raised 2 further queries about the payment details they held for us and what extra info would be needed to continue with generation payments for the original system after the installation of the new.

Not having heard anything by early October, I rang the FIT help line, only to be told that the transfer from SSE was not yet complete so they could not find our record. I rang again on the  13th October, only to be told again that the transfer was not complete, and furthermore they could not find the email I had previously sent. The issue was escalated and I was given an escallation number. I was also asked to re-forward my previous email of 19th Sept, which I duly did.

I rang again on the 18th October when OVO were still unable to locate any information and could not even locate the welcome email they had sent us on 7th Sept! I forwarded this back to them. A couple of hours later I had an email from OVO detailing the payments that would be due based on the readings submitted on 19th Sept, indicating that they were being included in the September figures for submission ot OFGEM. As it was already well into October, this did not seem very convincing, especiall as I had previously been told that once the issues had been resolved, the figures would be submitted in December for payment next February. In the belief that the account had now been found, I therefore again phoned to query this point, only to be told that the account could still not be found. I was asked to again forward the email of 19th September, quoting the escalation number and summarising the actions I wanted to be taken, which I did. This was followed by an email from OVO on the 19th Oct, stating that they could not find the account and to provide my address and FIT/Account number, which again I did.

No further emails have been received from OVO, so I again telephoned today, only to be met with the familiar refrain that the account cannot be located, and that I should receive a ressponse from the “Back Office” within 4 to 6 weeks! If it takes 4-6 weeks to respond to an escalated call, OVO are clearly trading beyond their ability to provide an acceptable service, and in my view should be prohibited from taking on any new customers until they can remedy the situation. Heaven only knows how long a non-escalated call would take to resolve!

In the meantime, I am in limbo - I have applied for SEG payments from a different supplier, but am concerned that the whole process will fail unless OVO have confirmed I have opted out of FIT export payments and have updated the relevant database accordingly. I am currently considering whether I should complain to OFGEM or one of the consumer champions operating for a national newspaper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This seems to mirror our experience pretty closely.

On 7th September we received a welcome letter from OVO stating that the move of our FIT account to OVO from SSE was complete and inviiting next meter readings in September.

On 19th September I emailed fits-reads@ovoenergy.com (as advised on the welcome email) with our geneation and export readings taken that day. I further asked to opt out of future export FIT payments as we were having an additional (separate) system installed the following day and would wish to apply for SEG payments with a different supplier. I asked for confirmation when this had been actioned. I also raised 2 further queries about the payment details they held for us and what extra info would be needed to continue with generation payments for the original system after the installation of the new.

Not having heard anything by early October, I rang the FIT help line, only to be told that the transfer from SSE was not yet complete so they could not find our record. I rang again on the  13th October, only to be told again that the transfer was not complete, and furthermore they could not find the email I had previously sent. The issue was escalated and I was given an escallation number. I was also asked to re-forward my previous email of 19th Sept, which I duly did.

I rang again on the 18th October when OVO were still unable to locate any information and could not even locate the welcome email they had sent us on 7th Sept! I forwarded this back to them. A couple of hours later I had an email from OVO detailing the payments that would be due based on the readings submitted on 19th Sept, indicating that they were being included in the September figures for submission ot OFGEM. As it was already well into October, this did not seem very convincing, especiall as I had previously been told that once the issues had been resolved, the figures would be submitted in December for payment next February. In the belief that the account had now been found, I therefore again phoned to query this point, only to be told that the account could still not be found. I was asked to again forward the email of 19th September, quoting the escalation number and summarising the actions I wanted to be taken, which I did. This was followed by an email from OVO on the 19th Oct, stating that they could not find the account and to provide my address and FIT/Account number, which again I did.

No further emails have been received from OVO, so I again telephoned today, only to be met with the familiar refrain that the account cannot be located, and that I should receive a ressponse from the “Back Office” within 4 to 6 weeks! If it takes 4-6 weeks to respond to an escalated call, OVO are clearly trading beyond their ability to provide an acceptable service, and in my view should be prohibited from taking on any new customers until they can remedy the situation. Heaven only knows how long a non-escalated call would take to resolve!

In the meantime, I am in limbo - I have applied for SEG payments from a different supplier, but am concerned that the whole process will fail unless OVO have confirmed I have opted out of FIT export payments and have updated the relevant database accordingly. I am currently considering whether I should complain to OFGEM or one of the consumer champions operating for a national newspaper.

Hi @DesB

Blimey that is a very painful experience. 

You can't complain to OFGEM, they are the regulator rather that the complaint handler for energy unfortunately. 

You can put in a formal complaint to ovo if you haven’t already. This is the process in case you didn't know. 

There are also details on the complaint page about writing to the OVO CEO either about a complaint or more generally. 

8 weeks after your complaint you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

OVO have to follow rulings by the Energy Ombudsman. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have OVO responded @mshealey 

Userlevel 1

Hi @DesB

Blimey that is a very painful experience. 

You can't complain to OFGEM, they are the regulator rather that the complaint handler for energy unfortunately. 

You can put in a formal complaint to ovo if you haven’t already. This is the process in case you didn't know. 

There are also details on the complaint page about writing to the OVO CEO either about a complaint or more generally. 

8 weeks after your complaint you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help

OVO have to follow rulings by the Energy Ombudsman. 

Thanks for the response! I have now submitted a formal complaint - let’s see if it has any effect!

Userlevel 7

Keep us posted @DesB, it sounds like a very frustrating experience!

Userlevel 2

So here I am again no further forward. Rang OVO again and our “high priority” case has not yet been looked at. They claim they have six weeks to deal with it from October 16th  (not sure why they aren’t dating it from September 19th which was our FIT submission date)  

I’ve tried complaining, OVO complaints procedure says they will set out for me how they plan to resolve my case and answer within two days.  Guess what, no plans or answers

They suggested I try their WhatsApp group. I did that and spent a fruitless half an hour getting nowhere

In our email from SSE (received August) telling us of the change they stated we would have “no gap in payments”I don’t see how we can receive this quarter’s payment at all as they haven’t yet let us submit our numbers. 
I’ve got my fingers crossed that they get it sorted by December.

Meanwhile, we have a big hole in our budget which OVO don’t seem interested in at all.

Their customer service seems to be beyond appalling.  

Userlevel 1

. . . . . 

I’ve tried complaining, OVO complaints procedure says they will set out for me how they plan to resolve my case and answer within two days.  Guess what, no plans or answers

. . . . . 

Likewise, our complaint seems to have gone nowhere. Apart from the automated email sent out immediately I raised the complaint, there has been absolutely no contact or action - the two days quoted by OVO is a complete joke.

It is clear that as well as the OVO customer service system and escalation procedures being totally broken, the complaints procedure is as well!

Userlevel 2

Today I had a reply from the OVO FIT Team  I reproduce it below.

Hello, 

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately our read submission window is closed so we cannot add your reading. 

We accept readings in March, June, September and December. You can submit your reading/s to us between the first and last days of those months.

Kind regards, 

The FiT team

Advice anybody?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

. . . . . 

. . . . . 

Likewise, our complaint seems to have gone nowhere. Apart from the automated email sent out immediately I raised the complaint, there has been absolutely no contact or action - the two days quoted by OVO is a complete joke.

It is clear that as well as the OVO customer service system and escalation procedures being totally broken, the complaints procedure is as well!

Any progress @DesB ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Today I had a reply from the OVO FIT Team  I reproduce it below.

Hello, 

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately our read submission window is closed so we cannot add your reading. 

We accept readings in March, June, September and December. You can submit your reading/s to us between the first and last days of those months.

Kind regards, 

The FiT team

Advice anybody?

Hi 

@mshealey it really is painful reading the multiple FIT and SEG issues that are continually posted on this forum.

You could email the ovo CEO, include as much info as possible on your complaint. There is some info in the screenshot below. 

Raman-complaints@ovoenergy.com

You coould even include a link to this thread

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my-account-140/ovo-have-lost-my-fit-account-16184

Other than that you could go to the Energy Ombudsman exactly 8 weeks after you first submitted your complaint

Some customers have posted they have successfully switched their FIT to Octopus after experiencing problems. So that is an option. 

Octopus have a form for that in Google docs. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9COCPm8AnTjCzfg46i2ETETr30ofv9aRSwANLhV_AuIqTeQ/viewform

Just to add my twopennorth, we are in a similar situation. OVO sent us a welcome email, with a ‘Generation ID’ that is different from the FITS ID we’ve had ever since our panels were installed, about 12 years ago. Long story short, when I phoned OVO they had no record of us. They owe us around £1200. We have now switched to Eon, who have supplied the relevant readings to OVO, and say OVO will pay us. We’ll see...

Userlevel 1

Did you think OVO will pay you?

Well, I hope so - they owe us the money. I'm expecting it to be a struggle, though. 

Userlevel 2

I’m pleased you managed to switch. I was wondering what would happen if I tried to switch and OVO still denied all knowledge of me.  I fear ending up in a worse limbo. 

How can such a disorganised company be allowed to run a national power network?  Why isn’t OFGEN sorting them out?