Solved

Why does my Chameleon In Home Display (IHD) only display 'Waiting for Current Data' ?

• 8 August 2020
  • 57 replies

Show first post

57 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nice. -28dBm indicates that the In-Home Display is well within range of the meter and is definitely close enough to work. If this initial solution works, keeping the In-Home Display where it was when you checked the signal should definitely do the trick.

Feel free to check the signal strength anytime via that menu. You ideally want to keep the signal between -10dBm and -50dBm whenever possible for best results.

Userlevel 1

But it’s still not working and doing the same thing. Where I had it before it’s been there for over a year with no issues until today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh ok. I’m beginning to think that your IHD might have developed a fault and bricked itself. The good news is that you can get it replaced with a new one free of charge in these circumstances. Sorry for the trouble.

Please could you have a chat with the support team via live chat or phone in the morning and they can make the arrangements to pop a new one in the post. Live chat tends to be the faster option. If you let the agent know you’ve spoken to me on the forums and provide a link to this thread, they’ll know what to do from there.

Once you get your new IHD, you can call the support team and they’ll walk you through getting the new one paired up to your Home Area Network (HAN). They’ll also be able to unpair your broken one for you, which I recommend doing for security reasons. This is also completely free of charge and can be done remotely.

If you get stuck, please let us know here.

Userlevel 7

@EmmaJo yep it might be best to raise this with the Support team. 

Very soon I hope to publish a checklist of questions that we can all complete, before raising it with the Support team via web chat. For now feel free to send them the link to this topic to see the thread and get the info they need!

Is there a problem with smart meters at this time or is it just mine? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kerrick and welcome to this customer forum. I can’t tell exactly what you’re seeing .. my smart meters had lost connection earlier this week but are now back in touch. It does happen from time to time but it’s worth keeping check and posting readings if off line for a while to prevent estimated readings. 

It was a connection issue,wasn't getting a reading for electric only gas on display,all good now though,thanks for the reply đź‘Ť