Solved

I moved to boost energy and had missed appointment from marston holdings engage. Who are they?

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello

Today out of the blue I had someone from Marston holdings engage services turn up for a safety inspection of my metering equipment. I was not expecting anyone and just thought it was someone trying to sell something, as they left they put a letter through the door.

The letter states that I am now a customer of boost energy, i am with OVO energy and that I apparently received a welcome letter which was previously sent - i have received no letters and no notice of any appointment to carry out safety inspection of my metering equipment - I am a pre payment customer.

I do not want a smart meter and am happy as I am .

What do engage services of Marston holdings do?

On the account number on my letter in ends with the word reco?

I am confused.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 10 June 2024, 20:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Max12BL ,

That was indeed an attempt at just a Safety Check, nothing more, nothing less. It was just to make sure everything is in good shape - no attempt would have been made to swap the meters, period. The ONLY exception is if the check reveals a serious issue that mandates immediate meter replacement, in which case it can be done on-the-spot.

There is no charge to you for this - OVO covers the cost.

It is, however, worth noting that you will eventually be forcefully upgraded to Smart Meters at some point in the future. That is a separate process and OVO will write to you at that time. For now, I recommend you get that check booked in again.