Solved

Why can't I access the ovo app?

• 9 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Does anyone know why over a year with Ovo energy a customer still can’t login to their account via the app and still have to be transferred via online account not strange technology   What’s complex about accessing your account to view/ send meter readings etc and after  this  time period Ovo energy haven’t done anything about it 

icon

Best answer by Shads_OVO 11 June 2024, 15:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

It sounds like this may be an app developer issue. These are often based around making your account secure when accessing the site data. Hopefully someone from OVO will pick up on this and be able to give an answer and when a resolution will be in place.

Cheers David WSR

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Pilgrim2,

I’ve reached out to the team and asked for their advice. I’ll come back and update you when I get an answer 😊

Userlevel 4

Hi @Pilgrim2,

The team have replied saying that due to the RTS (Radio Tele Switch) turn off, we’re unfortunately not actively looking to give complex metered customers access to the app. As soon as it’s possible, those with complex meters would be offered to swap to a smart meter, once the swap is complete they’d then be able to access the app.

I apologise about any inconvenience caused. We’ll update all related threads as soon as we have any further updates on this.