Solved

My current supplier have raised an objection to my changing to OVO - can anyone help?

• 13 February 2018
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @L-E-E,

Really sorry to hear this,

I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out to you. Please keep an eye on your private messages. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Thanks, but the only advice was to call in. Just tried that and for the third time in a row was cut off - this time without even getting to speak to someone.

So situation normal, really...zero concept of customer service.

Userlevel 7

Hey @L-E-E,

Sorry to hear this,

If you’ve exhausted all channels of communication, there’s always the option to raise a complaint. You can find out more about our Complaints Process online.

Hope this helps. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Thanks, but I’ve already done this - 4th August via your online form and a chasing email sent 1st December.

I’ve received no acknowledgement from Ovo for either one...

why is it so hard to add gas to my OVO account, all i like is duel fuel with OVO, Think i try British gas move my electric to them

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not sure what you’re asking @cupT ?

Presumably you’ve been in touch with the support team on 0330 303 5063 or via chat

https://help.ovoenergy.com/

Is your gas supply with someone else at the moment? If so, you will need to switch for that supply

Hi 

My switch was complete on May 9th but both shell energy and EON (my previous suppliers) claim they have not been contacted and they continue monthly debit my bank account (£200 and £188 respectively) .

at the same time OVO are debiting the same bank account £287.00 (last payment 12/6/23)

Could you advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jethrolcote and welcome to this customer forum. There are several resources in switching like this which might help https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-a-better-energy-deal/switching-energy-supplier/#:~:text=If%20you%20want%20to%20cancel,stay%20with%20your%20current%20supplier.

Perhaps there are circumstances from your previous suppliers which have caused this? Did you use a switching service? 
Not sure why you have both Shell and EON as previous suppliers 

Thanks

Shell supply electricity and EON supply Gas

Didn’t use a switching service , switched direct through Ovo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks

Shell supply electricity and EON supply Gas

Didn’t use a switching service , switched direct through Ovo

Ah ok, don’t know if anything here helps

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/switch-supplier-or-energy-tariff

No problem , thanks for taking the time to help.

I dont mind paying for my  Gas/electric supply but I do mind paying twice .

One of them must be wrong.

Cheers

Userlevel 6

Hey @jethrolcote 

Sorry to hear about this issue while switching.

Did you get a switching date?

It might be worth getting in touch with the Support Team for both Shell and EON about this. They can check the National Databases to confirm if the supply has switched to us. They’ll also be able to tell you if there’s been an objection to either switch. 

If the supply is still with them, then there can be a number of reasons including, the switch date hasn’t occurred yet, or the switch may have been objected to by the old suppliers - I will add, that the incoming supplier (in this case OVO), don’t receive any information on objections, so you’d need to check this with the old suppliers. 

They’ll be able to advise you of the next step based on the reason for the delay.