News

Join the UK's low-carbon heating revolution

Join the UK's low-carbon heating revolution

Show first post

57 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Millennial (US) is the amalgamation of Generation-Z and i-Gen.

Generation-Z people are typically the ones you see on The Apprentice, telling Sir Alan Sugar how to run a company. :scream:

Now… back on subject - Have you found the noise-emission specs yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Bah! Sorry I forgot you’re Generation-Z :thinking:

Here it is on a plate for you:

Product listing page for the three classes of Mitsubishi Heat Pump

and the following top-level description….

Would you like me to click the View Product button for you?

I am not Generation-Z haha.

I am a millennial xD

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bah! Sorry I forgot you’re Generation-Z :thinking:

Here it is on a plate for you:

Product listing page for the three classes of Mitsubishi Heat Pump

and the following top-level description….

Would you like me to click the View Product button for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You have to do a bit of detective work @ITGeek123 

Have a look at the Trial page and you’ll see a photo of the Air Source Heat Pump with a Mitsubishi logo and the word “Ecodan”.

That leads you to the Ecodan website… from where you can continue your quest for noise specifications.

Simples. :wink:

Too much work for me dude haha. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You have to do a bit of detective work @ITGeek123 

Have a look at the Trial page and you’ll see a photo of the Air Source Heat Pump with a Mitsubishi logo and the word “Ecodan”.

That leads you to the Ecodan website… from where you can continue your quest for noise specifications.

Simples. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Tim_OVO Do you know if the heat pump is quiet? Do you guys have anymore information about the products being used? Maybe PDF files etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is very interesting… despite the fact that I’m a hundred miles too far West!

The project appears to combine air-source heat-pumps and water cylinders. It’s certainly good news to see heated storage tanks coming back into houses. Good-bye combi boilers!  :slight_smile:

I guess the house’s existing radiators will still remain. That means the water will need to be heated to 60º+ which is a lot of work for a heat-pump. If the houses had underfloor heating there would be much greater efficiency because you could use water at only 45º.

So the project data will be very interesting. Even though the Kaluza Platform will be doing all it can to buy in the cheapest renewable electricity, the key statistic will be the Coefficient of Efficiency (CoE) for the heat pump.