Who are your installers @nealmurphy ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@juliamc Reina Group

Userlevel 2
Badge

How do I join the heating trial forum? I can’t see a link 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Mimo - no worries, I’ve moved your comment over to the public topic about this area. 

I’ll give you access to the private Smart Home Trials area now, @Mimo @nealmurphy and I’ll tag you in a topic. That way you’ll get an email and can follow the link in that email to get to the right area. 

Alternatively, go to the ‘parent category’ this topic sits in ‘Smart meters and products’, and you’ll see the ‘Smart Home Trials’ category there with a :lock:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone put a cover over their heat pumps? If so have you experienced any performance issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@48havelock - did you mean to post that in the open Forum area?

You’ve asked the whole world rather than the 250 participants on the OVO-administered part of the Heat pump Trial. :open_mouth:

Could you explain a bit more about which part you’re considering covering and why?

The heat-exchanger system which is outside the house has a balanced set of temperature differentials. See my diagramatic descriptions on the topic about Using a heat pump to reduce your carbon footprint.

What do you think might be the effect of reducing the heat-loss from one or more components of this external unit by covering it?

Have you found a component which appears to be “running hot” on your particular installation?

Don’t worry about the technicalities when you reply…. Just shove the idea out here and let’s give it some thought. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge

No for the heat pump trail page I will move it over now