Solved

How do I get the new tadoº smart thermostat I recently bought installed?

• 24 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Recently bought and had supplied the new tarda thermostat but I’m finding it difficult to locate an electrical company who can fit it for me at the £60 charge that was advertised whilst taking out the offer

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 25 March 2021, 10:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @Karlb1 ,

The best place to get help with arranging an install for the Tado thermostat purchased via OVO, would be to reach out to OVO’s Support Team. They’ve got more access to the directory than we do, so hopefully they’ll be able to locate an engineer.

Hopefully the team can find someone to get this sorted. :)

Userlevel 7

Updated on 11/12/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Save over 60% when you buy your smart thermostat through OVO

Find out more about this offer here

Hi @Karlb1 and thanks for posting. 

It’s great to hear you’ve purchased the tado smart thermostat, super keen to hear from you once it’s installed, to hear how it’s going!

It sounds like you’ve selected to pay an extra £60 for an engineer to help with the installation. To arrange this, reach out to the Smart Home team by phone (0330 102 7423) or email: smarthome@ovoenergy.com

For anyone else wanting more info on this smart thermostat, and our exclusive offer to OVO members, you can find out more here. You don’t have to pay for an engineer visit. The tado ‘do it yourself’ installation guide can be found here

Userlevel 4
Badge

Worth noting for others that assuming the TADO uses a standard mount like my Drayton Wiser and other controllers do, you should be able to directly and very easily replace the standard controller with it.

It took me a lot longer to convince myself that it really was that easy than it took to install (about 1 minute). For the UK and EU at least, the wall mount for the controller has a standard mounting.

You can simply unclip the old controller and clip the new one into place. Of course turn off the power first.

If you don’t have one of those wall plates, then you would certainly want to get someone who is certified to come and fit one in a convenient location, ours is in the kitchen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, the other thing I’d seriously recommend is make sure not to flip the power back on until after you’ve double and triple checked that everything is wired up properly! This is super important!!!

If you’re not sure which circuit your thermostat is on, then a sure-fire way to make sure you turn the right circuit off is to basically kill ALL the power by turning off all the circuit breakers. There’s a very good chance you’ll get the right one that way.

But it goes without saying. If you’re ever unsure that you’ve installed the Tado properly, please don’t hesitate to ask a qualified electrician for help or reach out to the support team over at Tado. They’ll get you sorted out.

Userlevel 7

Worth noting for others that assuming the TADO uses a standard mount like my Drayton Wiser and other controllers do, you should be able to directly and very easily replace the standard controller with it.

It took me a lot longer to convince myself that it really was that easy than it took to install (about 1 minute). 

Wow - great to hear how easy it can be to install a smart thermostat, @knight! Can’t say I fully understand the circuit diagrams but it would be sensible to say that if you’re also not sure on the wiring side of things, it’s always best to seek professional advice! :thumbsup:

Hello!

I would also like to ask if this thermostat can still be bought from OVO and how could I place an order for it?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me Google that for you…

https://www.google.com/search?q=tado+ovo&oq=tado+ovo&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0i390l5.4202j0j7&client=ms-android-vf-gb-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8