Pinned Solved

Will the Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) charger work with CCS connectors?

• 25 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
When I first enquired with you, I had a Nissan Leaf, but I have now traded it in it for a Hyundai Ioniq. The Ioniq has a CCS connector for rapid charging. Is this connector going to be compatible with any version of your V2G equipment.
I have also just swapped suppliers to OVO in order to partake in the V2G scheme.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 26 July 2018, 16:36

tony1tf wrote:
When I first enquired with you, I had a Nissan Leaf, but I have now traded it in it for a Hyundai Ioniq. The Ioniq has a CCS connector for rapid charging. Is this connector going to be compatible with any version of your V2G equipment.

@tony1tf our V2G charger will only work with Nissan EVs. It uses 'chademo charging protocols' which aren't compatible with CCS.

You might be interested in our Smart Charger though...

**Updated 02/08/2019**
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
tony1tf wrote:

@tony1tf our V2G charger will only work with Nissan EVs. It uses 'chademo charging protocols' which aren't compatible with CCS.

You might be interested in our Smart Charger though...

**Updated 02/08/2019**
Userlevel 3
I've registered for updates for the smart charger, but I would still much prefer to be part of the V2G scheme, even though my car is a Hyundai Ioniq BEV and has a CCS connector. Any updates on this possibility?

Tony