Pinned Solved

Will the Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) charger work with CCS connectors?

• 25 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
When I first enquired with you, I had a Nissan Leaf, but I have now traded it in it for a Hyundai Ioniq. The Ioniq has a CCS connector for rapid charging. Is this connector going to be compatible with any version of your V2G equipment.
I have also just swapped suppliers to OVO in order to partake in the V2G scheme.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 26 July 2018, 16:36

When I first enquired with you, I had a Nissan Leaf, but I have now traded it in it for a Hyundai Ioniq. The Ioniq has a CCS connector for rapid charging. Is this connector going to be compatible with any version of your V2G equipment.

@tony1tf our V2G charger will only work with Nissan EVs. It uses 'chademo charging protocols' which aren't compatible with CCS.

You might be interested in our Smart Charger though...
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@tony1tf our V2G charger will only work with Nissan EVs. It uses 'chademo charging protocols' which aren't compatible with CCS.

You might be interested in our Smart Charger though...
Userlevel 3
I've registered for updates for the smart charger, but I would still much prefer to be part of the V2G scheme, even though my car is a Hyundai Ioniq BEV and has a CCS connector. Any updates on this possibility?

Tony