Solved

What has happened to status part on my V2G App?

• 5 August 2019
  • 7 replies

What happened to the status part of the app which told us what was happening? It’s stopped showing if the car is charging or discharging, and still no maximum charge setting!
icon

Best answer by falklandkid 6 August 2019, 17:06

I was working on the app with the developer Giuseppe, who moved to Kaluza when they took over the app. Since then I have done no work on the app so you get what they think is best not what the users want.
The max charge is governed by an algorithm set by Nissan. I queried why they were charging my leaf to 100% and not 80%, same as my Tesla. They said Nissan are content with such a charge. Again you have no control over max charge or how long they charge and discharge for.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum @Nogogas, I'll leave the answer to this to people far more capable to offer insight.

@Peetee, @Absolute Zero and @falklandkid please feel free to jump in!

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge
I was working on the app with the developer Giuseppe, who moved to Kaluza when they took over the app. Since then I have done no work on the app so you get what they think is best not what the users want.
The max charge is governed by an algorithm set by Nissan. I queried why they were charging my leaf to 100% and not 80%, same as my Tesla. They said Nissan are content with such a charge. Again you have no control over max charge or how long they charge and discharge for.
Userlevel 2
I have been having the same issue with the Kaluza app since Monday. It is not showing the status of charging or exporting, and current and history data of what has been imported or exported to the car is not showing. Just a message saying "Your summary will be available soon - please check back later".

I've had to resort to looking at the meter box to see what the V2G unit has been up to overnight.

Will these app issues be fixed soon?
Hi @falklandkid,

Firstly, thanks for your help with our research, the feedback you provided is being taken on board. We are continually carrying out customer research and testing - if you'd like to be involved again, please contact research@kaluza.com and we'll get this arranged.

On your point about setting a maximum state of charge, this is one of a number of improvements we'll be working on in the Kaluza app for the remainder of this year. We'd love to hear any other suggestions you may have, so please do get in touch!

Thanks,

Josh
Hi @piersjk,

The app should now be showing the charging state and current and historical import and export data.

Please do get in touch with support@kaluza.com if that's not the case.

Thank you,
Userlevel 2
Hi Josh,

Thank you for your reply. The app still shows no data. I phoned OVO today and was told someone is currently looking at the problem and will get back to me when this is fixed. So hopefully this will happen soon, as it's difficult to keep track of what the V2G machine is doing without having access to the status and history from the app. I've been without data since Monday.
Userlevel 2
Hi @Josh_OVO

Thank you for your reply. The app still shows no data. I phoned OVO today and was told someone is currently looking at the problem and will get back to me when this is fixed. So hopefully this will happen soon, as it's difficult to keep track of what the V2G machine is doing without having access to the status, battery level and history from the app. I've been without data since Monday.