Tutorial

You said, we did: Minimum/Maximum charge levels for V2G is here!

• 23 January 2020
  • 7 replies
You said, we did: Minimum/Maximum charge levels for V2G is here!
Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s the latest from the V2G team:

“You said, we did! It's been clear that having a Maximum charge level is one of the key features that you would like to see, and the good news is that this eagerly anticipated feature is now being made available to all V2G trialists. You'll have the ability to limit the maximum amount of energy delivered to your battery, and you can change this in line with your daily requirements. The slider will move in steps of 5%, and the minimum to maximum range is from 25% to a fully charged 100%. To support the V2G trial, we're enforcing a minimum gap of 25% between the minimum and maximum limits. We hope that it lives up to the hype!”

Now it’s share time: do you see this update? When you do, give it a try and come back and share with us if you think it’s on point! 

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I don’t have this feature yet - when will it be rolled out?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Simonfea - it’s going live as we speak. Hopefully you’ll see the update soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@D10hul @Leo Moran @jp1 ^^^^

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Tim_OVO been using for a while now, my charging world is much better.  Was worried about my car sat around at 100% for long periods of time, now I set it to a level I’m happy with.

Userlevel 5

Thanks @Tim_OVO , I too have been using it from 25% to 95% to get the best range….however I would appreciate if was able to drop below to 10% or even 15% so I can reduce the top rate to 90%. At 25% I still have almost 60 miles range left in the car, ample to get me most of my journeys and well within range of quite a number of rapid chargers. I also have twice as much range as the 30 kW LEAF and 3 times the range of a 24 kW LEAF. Is there any way of reducing the charge further for those with the higher rated batteries?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Leo Moran - unfortunately the minimum charge level is set by the car, and to my understanding isn’t something that we’re able to change.

Userlevel 5

Thanks for that Chris…..I’ll have a look at the settings and try and fathom it out. Think I’ll need to consult with @aaronr for this one...he’s the expert….