Solved

Should any V2G energy exported to the grid show as credit in my next bill?

• 4 June 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
At the end of each month the V2G energy I have exported in KWh should flow onto the next bill, as credits exported to the grid.

This should be automatic - the same as the used energy kWh.

It doesn’t happen and this is the second month I have no credits on my current billing cycle.
icon

Best answer by Hari_OVO 5 June 2019, 16:26

Hi @falklandkid - as we are in the early days of our trial there are some things which aren't quite as 'automatic' as they could be - this is one of them.

Your export credits are applied separately to your imported energy. With export credits, the amount shown will be for the entire calendar month previous.

For example, if you get your statement from us on the 10th of each month, on the 10th July you’ll receive your credits for June 1st - June 30th. You’ll see July’s credits in August, and so on.

I appreciate this makes tallying up your used energy and your exported kWh's a little difficult, as we progress through the trial we will be looking for ways to improve this.

Thanks,

Hari
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Hari_OVO Any idea why this doesn't appear to be showing up on the statement?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @falklandkid - as we are in the early days of our trial there are some things which aren't quite as 'automatic' as they could be - this is one of them.

Your export credits are applied separately to your imported energy. With export credits, the amount shown will be for the entire calendar month previous.

For example, if you get your statement from us on the 10th of each month, on the 10th July you’ll receive your credits for June 1st - June 30th. You’ll see July’s credits in August, and so on.

I appreciate this makes tallying up your used energy and your exported kWh's a little difficult, as we progress through the trial we will be looking for ways to improve this.

Thanks,

Hari
Userlevel 2
Badge
Exported energy is fundamental to the customer. I would have thought that this would have been a core requirement of the original app build - not an add on we will get round to later. Needs sorting ASAP.
Userlevel 1

I have noticed that I don't always have a V2G credit on my bill. Is that an error, or is it paid quarterly? Thanks, Kath

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It should be showing on your monthly bills @Kat Leaf - our team is checking to make sure it is. I might be back soon with an update!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tim 😊

Userlevel 1

Any progress @Tim_OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Any progress @Tim_OVO

Leave this with me, I’m on the case :spy:

Update: these exports will be added to your account manually. I have been advised that this has just been processed, but not yet showing. So we’ll need to do a bit more digging today.