Solved

Does OVO's V2G trial have funding to continue beyond end date of Project Sciurus?

• 18 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Given that Project Sciurus  is set to finish in march 2020, where does that leave the v2g project? - does it have funding to continue beyond that date or will it stop dead?

icon

Best answer by Ash_OVO 8 January 2020, 17:02

Hello @adz @ITGeek123 

In order to fully assess the technology and the business model, we will work with all of our trial participants until the end of their 2-year tariff plans/contracts. We are also investigating ways to allow us to continue to onboard new participants beyond March 2020 and will provide more information about this in the coming months

In the meantime, it’s business as usual and you can find more information on the V2G trial here.  Alternatively, stay tuned to the OVO forum for regular updates!  

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@adz I would be very surprised if V2G project stops altogether. OVO invests a lot of money into being green. Obviously I do not work for OVO but I a sure someone from the OVO team can answer this better than I can :joy:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @adz @ITGeek123 

In order to fully assess the technology and the business model, we will work with all of our trial participants until the end of their 2-year tariff plans/contracts. We are also investigating ways to allow us to continue to onboard new participants beyond March 2020 and will provide more information about this in the coming months

In the meantime, it’s business as usual and you can find more information on the V2G trial here.  Alternatively, stay tuned to the OVO forum for regular updates!  

I’ve only just submitted my pictures etc. to be assessed with my vehicle due to be delivered from April onwards (to take advantage of 0% BiK).

Will I be too late, or given that I’ve registered my interest I should be alright for it to be installed around the March/April time? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve only just submitted my pictures etc. to be assessed with my vehicle due to be delivered from April onwards (to take advantage of 0% BiK).

Will I be too late, or given that I’ve registered my interest I should be alright for it to be installed around the March/April time? 

Hello @dogdiego

Your application will be absolutely fine, at the moment it’s business as usual and all sign-ups for the trial will be processed as normal :)