Solved

Does anyone else with a Nissan + V2G find their remote climate control has stopped working?

• 20 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone else with a Nissan + V2G find their remote climate control has stopped working?

If I press the button on the fob, the indicators flash but there is no heating. I’m guessing that this is because the battery is at 100% & still connected to the V2G unit but there is no power coming through. I have to unplug the cable then activate it to get it to work (off the battery) which is a but of a nuisance.

icon

Best answer by Leo Moran 21 November 2019, 10:30

Hello @gouldd_IHT ,

From the facts stated that’s a rather unusual request. Do you have a Nissan LEAF or EV200? On my 30KW and 40 KW LEAFs neither operated the air conditioning from the key fob, just on the Nissan App on the phone. My fob locks and unlocks the doors as well as releasing the charging port cover. Perhaps I missed it in the manual but I wasn’t aware you could programme the fob to switch on the heating though as you say it’s stopped would tend to suggest that you have sorted it….I’d be interested to learn more...

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5

Hello @gouldd_IHT ,

From the facts stated that’s a rather unusual request. Do you have a Nissan LEAF or EV200? On my 30KW and 40 KW LEAFs neither operated the air conditioning from the key fob, just on the Nissan App on the phone. My fob locks and unlocks the doors as well as releasing the charging port cover. Perhaps I missed it in the manual but I wasn’t aware you could programme the fob to switch on the heating though as you say it’s stopped would tend to suggest that you have sorted it….I’d be interested to learn more...

Userlevel 1

I have an E-NV200 van (2018, 40kw)
There’s a 3rd button on the key fob to manually switch on the climate control, I don't have access to the App. I just wondered if this is normal with V2G and the 200 or if someone had found a workaround apart from pulling the cable out first.

Userlevel 2

There is a known issue with climate timers and charge timers faulting the V2G chargers. Indra / Kaluza are working on a firmware update to fix it.

you should look at joining the OVO V2G facebook group, lots of usefull discussion on there, and Indra the manufacturers of the units are on there and very helpfull with any issues.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/504403987059410/

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@vespalads Thanks for flagging this, we should also be making sure we are discussing these things here on the OVO Forum too, which is regularly monitored by us and the Kaluza team.  

The Facebook group is great to a point but making sure we have one source of truth for OVO members is super important too.  

@Chris_OVO I know you had been looking at this and discussing with the Kaluza team, any thoughts on the climate control issue? Are there any updates?  

For info, here’s the post about the climate timers and V2G

Userlevel 2

@vespalads Thanks for flagging this, we should also be making sure we are discussing these things here on the OVO Forum too, which is regularly monitored by us and the Kaluza team.  

The Facebook group is great to a point but making sure we have one source of truth for OVO members is super important too.  

@Chris_OVO I know you had been looking at this and discussing with the Kaluza team, any thoughts on the climate control issue? Are there any updates?  

For info, here’s the post about the climate timers and V2G

I do understand in an ideal world that there would be one point of truth, however most people simply find a Facebook Group a lot more user friendly and that shows in the amount of active users and the amount of posts and responses that are on going in the Facebook group compared to this forum.

Personally i find this forum very dated and clumbersum, and only ever attempt to use it when logged onto a PC, whereas i will monitor and interact with the facebook group all the time on my mobile.

Userlevel 2

@D10hul can you share the statistics for users, posts and replies in the group to show the level of engagement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the feedback @vespalads!  Always good to know what’s not working for you….

We’re always looking for ways to make sure the forum is user friendly, so feedback is super key!  I know some of the team monitor the FB group too, however, not all members/customers interested in V2G are on there, hence why the forum is an important resource to keep sharing updates and feedback.  

Userlevel 1

Hi noticed my 30kWh leaf has an issue when the timed or remote climate control is activated whilst connected to the VTG charger and the charger is on.  As @vespalads mentioned a potential fix was in the works, can anyone provide an update please.  Having my car defrost automagically on frosty mornings was one of the really useful features I wanted an electric car for.  Would be great to get a fix before spring arrives.  As a work around, how about the ability to turn off the VTG charger via the app.  I could at least then turn off the charger then get the car to defrost.