Solved

Can I charge my EV for free at work, and use the V2G to sell back to the grid?

• 18 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have my survey booked in for the v2g trial and I have a tech question that hopefully someone can answer :

I have a leaf e+ with 62 kWh battery with a slightly unusual use pattern I live quite near work and I would fill my car each day for free. 

Can I come home and take advantage of this full tank by selling it all back to grid down to around 20% which would then get me to work in morning to refill.

Alternatively and more importantly can I use the leaf to power my household from the full tank I have ? 

Thanks

Rich

icon

Best answer by Ash_OVO 20 January 2020, 13:12

Hello @Richardfi 

I can confirm that as part of the V2G Terms and Conditions, your export must not exceed your import via the V2G charger. 

View original

3 replies

So you want to steal your companies electricity and run it back into the grid from a Nissan e+tekna ?. Don't even try it unless you want fry yourself, your car and more. Check out the output volts of the Nissans battery. I believe the output voltage is 400volts DC.

We have free charging provided by a city wide scheme , also I was meaning through the v2g charger supplied by ovo ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Richardfi 

I can confirm that as part of the V2G Terms and Conditions, your export must not exceed your import via the V2G charger.