Solved

Are you paid for all export via the charger reading or only surplus fed to grid by meter feed in reading?

• 7 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Hi

In the process of getting my install completed.

My question is relating to how the export is measured. There will be a difference between what the charger reports as exported and what actually goes to the grid, as your own home will use it first before any surplus goes back to the grid.

Are you paid based on the export reported by the charger or the surplus going through your meter back to the grid?

The reason i ask is i have 2 electric cars, if i had them both charging then all my export would go straight in the second car and i would have no surplus to feed into the grid. If i am only paid for surplus fed to grid then i will have to put the second car on timer so that it only charges at night when the V2G would not be exporting.

Regards
icon

Best answer by mal600908 9 October 2019, 14:36

My understanding is that when exporting it supplies the house first so you only get paid for what goes back to the grid.
View original

1 reply

My understanding is that when exporting it supplies the house first so you only get paid for what goes back to the grid.