Solved

I need to change my statement date - is this possible?

Why is it that my statement date being the same as the date my DD is taken, these two ddo not meet. Therefore I am in debit according to my statements, when I have never been in debt and neither have any debts.
Emailing OVO has little worthwhile effect.
Why can OVO not change the statement day to be later by one day or alter the DD date by one day earlier.
This would reduce my stress levels.

Dawath1948
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 29 May 2017, 16:41

dawath1948 wrote:

Why is it that my statement date being the same as the date my DD is taken, these two ddo not meet. Therefore I am in debit according to my statements, when I have never been in debt and neither have any debts.
Why can OVO not change the statement day to be later by one day or alter the DD date by one day earlier.

Dawath1948

Hi @dawath1948

Yes ideally we want that Direct Debit going into your account to have been made and sitting in your account just before the bill, so you know your account balance for the month ahead.

We can change either your statement date or Direct Debit date. Here are the dates available: 1st, 5th, 8th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 22nd, 25th, and 28th. As @Mattj3135 suggested, send me a PM with your account number, name and DoB, along with your preferences, and I'll make the change!

Just to add, I've changed the title of this topic to help other users find it and see their options. :)

Thanks,
Tim

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dawath1948 wrote:

Dawath1948

Hi @dawath1948 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to learn of the troubles you've been experiencing and that you've not managed to resolve this when you reached out to the ovo customer care team.

There is a topic covering direct debits which you can check out here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/pay-monthly-21/direct-debits-what-do-i-need-to-know-155/index1.html

If you click @Tim_OVO and send him a private message with your full name, address, ovo account number & date of birth - @Tim_OVO will then be able to look into your account for you and work with you on a solution for this - it could mean increasing your direct debit for a short while to build a credit balance as PAY Monthly customers are contractually obliged to be in one months credit as a minimum.

Please do let us know how you get on, Tim will respond to your message as soon as he can
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
dawath1948 wrote:

Dawath1948

Hi @dawath1948

Yes ideally we want that Direct Debit going into your account to have been made and sitting in your account just before the bill, so you know your account balance for the month ahead.

We can change either your statement date or Direct Debit date. Here are the dates available: 1st, 5th, 8th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 22nd, 25th, and 28th. As @Mattj3135 suggested, send me a PM with your account number, name and DoB, along with your preferences, and I'll make the change!

Just to add, I've changed the title of this topic to help other users find it and see their options. :)

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi @Mandy 74 please click @Tim_OVO then click send private message.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 3
Good morning,

Is it possible to change the date my direct debit is taken on? Would ideally like it to be the 2nd/3rd of the month (to match with Paydays).

Thanks
Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
sam_cat wrote:

Good morning,

Is it possible to change the date my direct debit is taken on? Would ideally like it to be the 2nd/3rd of the month (to match with Paydays).

Thanks
Sam

We can sort this for you, @sam_cat - first off, I should let you know that I've moved this query over to another topic on Direct Debit date changes.

As the 'best answer' (at the top) confirms, the nearest date to the 2nd we can offer is the 1st or 5th. Check out the advice in that 'best answer' on the ideal date to choose.

I'll send you a PM now to get the details needed to make the change.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Tried emailing several times so there is a record of conversation but still no change to the bill.. as the consumer we are always the one's impacted as these companies sell the 'debts' on, etc.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close