Solved

Why is there only one reading showing on my Liberty 100 twin rate economy 7 smart meter?

• 16 October 2019
  • 3 replies

*edited by Mod*

DIMMY DOOM

Cannot get 2 readings from liberty 100 smart electric meter

Hi my liberty 100 twin night and day tariff meter only shows ONE reading when pressing 6 four times and strangely enough it's the OFF PEAK VOL1 reading ..even though we checked it at 2pm in the afternoon which is peak time! !..and it gradually increased when using the electric oven!. I pressed 9 and got the total reading for both night and day. Maybe VOL1 reading I got was actually the peak day reading? .. as it was increasing and to get the night off peak reading I have to subtract the reading I got from button 6 from the total??..I have even been told that to get the off peak night reading I have to read the meter between midnight and 7am!!..any advce please?..I used to be with utility warehouse..but changed to Green Energy and meter went dumb so I have to submit manual readings..do sone energy suppliers use VOL1 and VOL2

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 21 October 2019, 16:45

Tricky one, @Dimmy 

What shows when you press 6 and what shows when you press 9 on the keypad?

It might be worth asking Utility Warehouse what setting the meter was in on the last day you were with them - they’re best placed to help!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Tricky one, @Dimmy 

What shows when you press 6 and what shows when you press 9 on the keypad?

It might be worth asking Utility Warehouse what setting the meter was in on the last day you were with them - they’re best placed to help!

To tell you the truth .I never checked what readings were on the electric meter when I was with utility warehouse..because it worked perfectly and sent the day and night readings automatically. .I  was on economy 7. Now I've changed supplier , and should be on economy 7, when I press 6 the ONLY READING I get is IMP RO1 which is supposed to be the OFF PEAK NIGHT reading ..BUT this t 2pm in the afernoon( peak time! )!...and the reading gradually increased when we had the electric oven on..so it was a " live" reading. There were NO other readings such as IMP RO2 on button 6  no matter how many times we cycled through it.  Button 9 revealed a reading 3 times larger than button 6 BUT it didn't say IMP RO2 ..or anything..I think it's the cumulutive total..wish I never changed supplier   OR got a smart meter in the first place..total waste of time!...Regards! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hmm this is odd, @Dimmy, please reach out to our team so they can take a look into this. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063. 

Thanks!