Solved

Why is my usage fluctuating on my Smart meter?

• 24 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi out there!

I've noticed the readings on my smart meter fluctuate. When I came down this morning at 7.30 my gas and electric reading was £2.65. when I came out of the shower it had gone DOWN to £1.31! It was definitely reading both fuels. I went out for the day, when I came back in it read £1.81, then it shot up to £2.86 in about 10 mins, heating wasn't on, wasn't cooking anything! It's done this before. If I come down in the middle of the night it can be over £2 (I get the standing charge goes on for both fuels around midnight), then I come down in the morning and the amount has gone down to just over£1! Don't get that! Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 25 February 2020, 12:24

This is a new one to me, @Giddy, thanks for bringing this to the forum. I’ve changed the title of your question and added tags, just in case another member is having the same issue. 

This is something you’ll need to reach out to the team with, they’ll be able to look into this and access the issue. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is a new one to me, @Giddy, thanks for bringing this to the forum. I’ve changed the title of your question and added tags, just in case another member is having the same issue. 

This is something you’ll need to reach out to the team with, they’ll be able to look into this and access the issue. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.