Solved

Why is my British Gas Landis electricity smart meter beeping?

• 3 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Landis+GYR E470 electricity meter beeping

Please please help! Day two of this darn meter beeping and I can't even escape it because I live in a small flat! It's 1.35am... this meter is driving me nuts!

On the digital display thing I've also increased the budget as per one of the conversations on here. This hasn't worked... It's still beeping.

I've had the smart meter for a couple of years with no problems. I genuinely don't understand how to stop the beeping.

Who takes responsibility for the unit? British Gas installed it but I'm now with BULB.

Please please make the beeping stop!

Thanks,
Nirmita
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 3 January 2019, 11:41

Hi @NSheth

I would have thought if British Gas installed your Electricity Meter. They would be responsible to take a look at it. They may charge you now you are not a customer. Or maybe try contacting BULB to see if it is something they are able to take a look at?

You have the same Electric meter as me. Have you tried pressing the green button to see if this turns the beep off? Or hold the green button? Or maybe shut all your power off in the flat with the trip box and see if this helps.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @NSheth

I would have thought if British Gas installed your Electricity Meter. They would be responsible to take a look at it. They may charge you now you are not a customer. Or maybe try contacting BULB to see if it is something they are able to take a look at?

You have the same Electric meter as me. Have you tried pressing the green button to see if this turns the beep off? Or hold the green button? Or maybe shut all your power off in the flat with the trip box and see if this helps.