Solved

Why does my Smart meter update at 1am?

• 30 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Although my smart meter is showing the correct time it does not adjust to the following day until 1 a.m. Why is this or is the meter not so smart after all?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 1 May 2019, 16:02

Hi @Lawrence,

Depends what part of the Smart kit you're looking art. Is it the meter itself, or the In Home Display device?

During British Summer Time, the clock on the meter itself doesn't change, which would explain why the meter time doesn't change until 1am. We also send a request at 12 midnight to your meters to collect your readings for the day. Depending on the strength of signal we have with your meters, it could take between minutes and hours for the meter to respond, at which point the information on your In Home Display would update.

Hope this helps!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Lawrence,

Depends what part of the Smart kit you're looking art. Is it the meter itself, or the In Home Display device?

During British Summer Time, the clock on the meter itself doesn't change, which would explain why the meter time doesn't change until 1am. We also send a request at 12 midnight to your meters to collect your readings for the day. Depending on the strength of signal we have with your meters, it could take between minutes and hours for the meter to respond, at which point the information on your In Home Display would update.

Hope this helps!
Thank you Nancy for your explanation, the mystery is solved.
By the way, you have a lovely song named after you. Frank Sinatra sings it.
Lawrence
Userlevel 5
Badge
Haha, thanks @Lawrence. Glad I could help 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings