Solved

What is a Smart meter pin?

• 9 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have moved house and I want to read the meter but I have no pin, how do I get a new pin and get the meter brought up to date. It is still showing the previous owners value of usage for Gas and Electric? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 9 January 2018, 13:08

Hi, I have moved house and I want to read the meter but I have no pin, how do I get a new pin and get the meter brought up to date. It is still showing the previous owners value of usage for Gas and Electric? Thanks

Hey @bettyboo17,

It sounds like we need to set up an account for you, if you've moved into a property supplied by OVO. You can do this by calling the team on 0330 303 5063.

If you've already done this, it may be that the In Home Display needs disconnecting and reconnecting. The team can guide you through doing this too if you give us a call. They'll need to open up the network for you at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Nancy

Updated on 117/01/2020

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @bettyboo17,

It sounds like we need to set up an account for you, if you've moved into a property supplied by OVO. You can do this by calling the team on 0330 303 5063.

If you've already done this, it may be that the In Home Display needs disconnecting and reconnecting. The team can guide you through doing this too if you give us a call. They'll need to open up the network for you at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Nancy

Updated on 117/01/2020

I have opened an account already, I think I will need to get the display disconnected and reconnected, do I call the number you have quoted for this as well?

Thank you
Su
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have opened an account already, I think I will need to get the display disconnected and reconnected, do I call the number you have quoted for this as well?

Thank you
Su

That would be best. 🙂 Good luck with it!

Lucy