Solved

Smart meters working but not communicating with OVO - why?

Show first post

60 replies

Having read another post, I’ve checked the lights on the meter and the WAN light is lit solid red, which I understand indicates that it is not connected. What should I do?
Userlevel 5
I've moved your posts over here, @AKWillows. We'll need to carry our a smart meter health check to determine the issue.

Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.
I have a smart meter and for the first couple of months it was automatically sending my readings.
However this has now stopped and they are being estimated or I am sending them in myself.
What do I need to do to get them sent automatically again?

many thanks

Ali
Userlevel 5
Hey @AliWilson,

It sounds like we're not communicating with the meter, so we'll need to get to the bottom of this to figure out what's going on.

Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into your account and find out exactly what’s going on, and see if we can get a time frame of when this will be fitted. If you don't use social media email hello@ovoenergy.com. :)

Thanks,
Eva
Thank you. I will contact you via Facebook. Ali

My smart meter has stopped reporting since 21st January. It previously has been working fine since April. Is anyone else in SE Hampshire similarly affected?

Looks like it’s just me then. So why will it take OVO 2 weeks before it can tell me what it is going to do about it?

Userlevel 5

We’ll need to do a smart meter health check to determine the issue, @PeteW, the team will then decide the best course of action. You can email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

So how long does it take to do a meter check?. 2 weeks are up now and still no further contact! Why do I get the impression that nobody at OVO cares?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @PeteW 

I suggest that email hello@ovoenergy.co.uk again, but this time in the subject line and at the start of the message put “For Attention of SMETS2 Team”.

That will stop someone in Customer Services trying to deal with it themselves.