Solved

Smart meter usage on the app and estimated readings - why?

• 24 May 2017
  • 9 replies

I contacted OVO after having smart meters as my app was still showing estimated readings. I was advised to do several things including more regular updates. However my app still shows estimated readings. Given up trying now.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 9 June 2017, 16:59

I contacted OVO after having smart meters as my app was still showing estimated readings. I was advised to do several things including more regular updates. However my app still shows estimated readings. Given up trying now.

This sorted in the end, @Taz0 :? If not, feel free to send me over a PM with your account number, name and DoB, as @Mattj3135 suggested.

Updated 4/07/19

Few suggestions for you and anyone else with the same issue: if the meters have recently been fitted, we might not have updated your account with the new details. This can take 4-6 weeks. This would mean that My OVO and the app wouldn't know you have smart meters, and would estimate your usage until this update is complete. Another possibility is a poor signal around the electricity meter area. This would mean we're not getting sent your readings, and the app would need to use estimates. With those details, I'll be able to check either way.

I've edited this topic so other users with the same query can find it more easily.

Thanks,
Tim
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Taz0 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

As I'm unsure as to what advice you've already been given or indeed what the status of this is with OVO I am limited in what advice I can give you, if you would like someone to look into this and advise you further please send @Tim_OVO a private message with your full name, address including post code, ovo account number & date of birth. Tim will then get back to you as soon as he can once he's checked into things for you.

Kind Regards
Thanks Matt, it's my OVO app on iPhone not showing actual readings. I have already done all you suggest with no positive outcome from OVO.
Thanks Matt, it's my OVO app on iPhone not showing actual readings. I have already done all you suggest with no positive outcome from OVO.

Hey Taz0,

Did you send @Tim_OVO a private message?

If not, feel free to send one to me by clicking my profile and Send message. Please include your full name, account number and date of birth so I can find your account.

Ps. I've changed the title and added some tags to your question, to make it easier for other customers to find.

Thanks,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This sorted in the end, @Taz0 :? If not, feel free to send me over a PM with your account number, name and DoB, as @Mattj3135 suggested.

Updated 4/07/19

Few suggestions for you and anyone else with the same issue: if the meters have recently been fitted, we might not have updated your account with the new details. This can take 4-6 weeks. This would mean that My OVO and the app wouldn't know you have smart meters, and would estimate your usage until this update is complete. Another possibility is a poor signal around the electricity meter area. This would mean we're not getting sent your readings, and the app would need to use estimates. With those details, I'll be able to check either way.

I've edited this topic so other users with the same query can find it more easily.

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 5
Hey @PeterR1947,

I've just edited Tim's best answer slightly to say the account can take 4-6 weeks to update after a smart meter exchange, what do you think?

Do you think a separate topic would be easier?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
That looks good Eva, possibly add a link to @transparent's article for the geeks who might want to read it?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Good idea, @PeterR1947, is this the topic you were referring to? Let me know and I'll edit the post ☺
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
That's the one Amy, definitely only for geeks though 🙂
Userlevel 5
All sorted, @PeterR1947! 🙂