Solved

Smart meter help - how do I see my history?

• 6 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi, our smart meter was fitted approx 2 weeks ago, all working fine. Arrived home today to find it reading "lost connection". I reconnected the meter but now it won't show any cost usage per day, or any costs in the day to day history since we have had it. What's happened? It is now fully reconnected to wifi but it is just blank in the place that it would normally show usage costs. Any help?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 11 August 2017, 15:04

Hi, our smart meter was fitted approx 2 weeks ago, all working fine. Arrived home today to find it reading "lost connection". I reconnected the meter but now it won't show any cost usage per day, or any costs in the day to day history since we have had it. What's happened? It is now fully reconnected to wifi but it is just blank in the place that it would normally show usage costs. Any help?

Hey Shellecarl,

When you get your smart meters fitted, My OVO will not be able to look back at the usage history from your old meter. My OVO will populate each month (and each day if the meter sends us your readings every half an hour) from your meter fitting date onwards.

I’ve also edited the title of your topic slightly so that it’s easier to search for other users.

Thanks,
Lucy
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey Shellecarl,

When you get your smart meters fitted, My OVO will not be able to look back at the usage history from your old meter. My OVO will populate each month (and each day if the meter sends us your readings every half an hour) from your meter fitting date onwards.

I’ve also edited the title of your topic slightly so that it’s easier to search for other users.

Thanks,
Lucy
1) So I have a Smart meter - except my account now only shows 4 months of usage history.

2) Simple tariffs - well there's ABSOLUTLY NO info on pricing you need to input annual usage to get details, refer to point 1).

Just as bad as all the other confusion marketers that deliberately hide charges and make it as difficult to check costs as humanly possible.

And as for so called 'green energy' well lets just say the sun don't shine there...