Solved

Smart meter Economy 7 boost button - what does it do?

I have noticed if i press the number 2 on the smart meter it gives me the option to switch boost on for 60 minutes is this normal as i cant find anything about it in the instruction booklet?
icon

Best answer by 17 May 2018, 12:52

Great question, @rob1420

You can use the 'boost' option on either the smart meter or In Home Display (IHD).

By pressing it, you boost the appliance that's connected to the 5th terminal of the meter. For example, storage heaters or underfloor heating. The option is for people that want to boost the heating for 60 minutes during the day as opposed to waiting for the off peak time.

Cheers,
Emma

View original

4 replies

Great question, @rob1420

You can use the 'boost' option on either the smart meter or In Home Display (IHD).

By pressing it, you boost the appliance that's connected to the 5th terminal of the meter. For example, storage heaters or underfloor heating. The option is for people that want to boost the heating for 60 minutes during the day as opposed to waiting for the off peak time.

Cheers,
Emma
Ok Many thanks for your help in answering my question, Can you please explain how i can do the boost button on the IHD as i cant seem to find it.

Many thanks

Rob
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @rob1420

As you will have some kind of heating appliance connected to your smart meters' fifth port, you should have a Pipet 500 In Home Display (IHD). With this IHD you need to go to 'Dual' button on the main menu, and then in the bottom left corner look for the 'Supply status' display. Click on that and then press 'Boost' if it's available.

Tim
You got an instruction booklet!! That's better than i got!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close