Solved

No data showing on website or app?

• 14 December 2019
  • 8 replies

My Monthly, yearly and zero-in graphs are showing no data at all on the website or app.

The website displays “Oops, there’s a problem… Sorry, we are unable to load all of your usage data”. The website is showing zero usage for 2019.

The app displays “Sorry, this usage data is currently not available. “ for either daily, monthly or yearly.

The data has been there for months and today everything is gone. 

I recently put the IHD away in a cupboard as we have nowhere to put it. The website was still showing my account data correctly, and updating. I’ve plugged the IHD back in today  and it’s showing usage. The wan light on the smart meter is flashing  indicating it can get a connection.

Is this just a temporary website/account issue?

Does the IHD have to be connected for everything to work? My understanding was the meter had it’s own connection via a sim card.

Cheers, Stu

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 16 December 2019, 14:38

Hi @stuey, @Bahtat and @Brownhound (I’ve merged your post onto this topic)

The half hourly readings that feed into that graph on your online account are relayed to us through the IHD (strange I know, it's just the way the smart system we use works). Because of this, we need to make sure the signal between the electricity meter and the IHD is strong enough. Can I ask you to check the following:

- Which model of In Home Display do you have? It could be a Pipit 500 or a Chameleon.
-Have you tried moving the IHD closer to the electricity meter? Has this changed anything?
-If you've got a Chameleon, have you tried moving  it closer to your wifi router? Has this changed anything?

Thanks

View original

8 replies

Can't access yesterday's usage on app, only shows up to Monday, is there a problem or is it me

Hello everyone. All my usage data has disappeared from my OVO app. Is there something wrong with my smart meters?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @stuey, @Bahtat and @Brownhound (I’ve merged your post onto this topic)

The half hourly readings that feed into that graph on your online account are relayed to us through the IHD (strange I know, it's just the way the smart system we use works). Because of this, we need to make sure the signal between the electricity meter and the IHD is strong enough. Can I ask you to check the following:

- Which model of In Home Display do you have? It could be a Pipit 500 or a Chameleon.
-Have you tried moving the IHD closer to the electricity meter? Has this changed anything?
-If you've got a Chameleon, have you tried moving  it closer to your wifi router? Has this changed anything?

Thanks

Hi everyone. Panic over. The data has returned. I haven’t changed anything it’s just come back on own. Result 👍🏻

I now have up to date data appearing again too.

My IHD is not plugged in by the way. You sure it’s required?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Brownhound @stuey 

Glad to hear it, guys! 

We usually recommend plugging the IHD in rather than running it off batteries.

My IHD is a chamelon and isn’t plugged in, and doesn’t appear to have batteries, yet my account appears to be getting readings no problem… slightly confused.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @stuey - Can you see the half hourly readings graph?