Solved

Need to submit my smart opening meter readings - do I put in all 6 numbers?

• 28 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I've just joined Ovo and have been asked for my opening meter readings.

I have a smart meter installed from my previous provider (EDF). I have a reading of 435.564 kWh. Do I put all 6 numbers as my meter reading?

Thanks,
Johnny
icon

Best answer by stateofit 28 September 2017, 13:31

Always chop off the decimal points, they only want the whole numbers. But Do include any Zeros at the Beginning.... so problee 00435, or similar :)

just did a sum... if you give OVO 435564 as a reading and EDF bill you to it, their final bill would be just shy of £60,000.

and you don't want that 😉
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Always chop off the decimal points, they only want the whole numbers. But Do include any Zeros at the Beginning.... so problee 00435, or similar :)

just did a sum... if you give OVO 435564 as a reading and EDF bill you to it, their final bill would be just shy of £60,000.

and you don't want that 😉
I recently signed up to OVO again after switching to another supplier. I have been asked to supply opening meter readings but I am on a smart meter system for both electricity and gas (installed by OVO) - do I still need to manually enter a reading? Or do I need to let OVO know that I have smart meters?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I have been asked to supply opening meter readings but I am on a smart meter system for both electricity and gas (installed by OVO) - do I still need to manually enter a reading? Or do I need to let OVO know that I have smart meters?

These opening readings will need to be submitted manually @Mynamewontfitin (great username btw!) - we usually need a few days to take over the smart meter and communicate with it remotely.

See this topic thread for info on how to read and submit!