Solved

My smart meter shows an image of a plug with ‘on’ next to it. Anyone knows what that means?

• 20 February 2019
  • 1 reply

My smart meter shows an image of a plug with ‘on’ next to it. Anyone knows what that means? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 25 February 2019, 14:45

My smart meter shows an image of a plug with ‘on’ next to it. Anyone knows what that means? Thanks

Good question this, @Harvey1812

That part of the meter screen has 3 options: On, Off and Ready. It mainly applies to customers who have their smart meter set up in a prepayment setting. So if a prepayment customer went below £0, this would change that icon to 'Off', and then if they added credit, the icon would change to 'Ready', allowing the customer to manually reconnect the meter.

For you, this should always read as 'On'!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good question this, @Harvey1812

That part of the meter screen has 3 options: On, Off and Ready. It mainly applies to customers who have their smart meter set up in a prepayment setting. So if a prepayment customer went below £0, this would change that icon to 'Off', and then if they added credit, the icon would change to 'Ready', allowing the customer to manually reconnect the meter.

For you, this should always read as 'On'!