Solved

My smart meter readings on My OVO are wrong - why?

• 20 September 2017
  • 4 replies

I have had smart meters for gas and electricity fitted in March, while the gas readings are ok my electricity readings for day and night are complete rubbish. It show me as giving readings and I haven't, some readings for day and night are the same, other fluctuate widely. As a result I cannot trust any of these readings.
However my actual bill fortunately does not seem to use these readings (which is perhaps fortunate) but having had smart meters fitted I wish my dashboard showing my readings history reflected accurate usage.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 September 2017, 15:58

I have had smart meters for gas and electricity fitted in March, while the gas readings are ok my electricity readings for day and night are complete rubbish. It show me as giving readings and I haven't, some readings for day and night are the same, other fluctuate widely. As a result I cannot trust any of these readings.
However my actual bill fortunately does not seem to use these readings (which is perhaps fortunate) but having had smart meters fitted I wish my dashboard showing my readings history reflected accurate usage.

Hi @evnscevans

This sounds like an error if I'm honest. The readings from your smart meter should be correct, and they should be used in your billing. I can't think of why your Day and Night readings would ever correctly be the exact same other then a coincidence. I'll send you a PM now to get some details.

If anyone else has had this issue, chip in with some advice!

^Tim
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @evnscevans

This sounds like an error if I'm honest. The readings from your smart meter should be correct, and they should be used in your billing. I can't think of why your Day and Night readings would ever correctly be the exact same other then a coincidence. I'll send you a PM now to get some details.

If anyone else has had this issue, chip in with some advice!

^Tim
I have the same problem. On 13th Feb it says I used over £1100 in electricity but that also seems to be the day the meters finally went live......

No idea how to get this fixed..
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Pmkgov - I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'when the meters finally went live' - can you explain? If you can post a screenshot of where you can see these high costs, we might be able to help.

Thanks
Hi Nancy, I started my own thread and you can see the picture there.......

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my-statement-and-charges-80/strange-electicity-reading-online-6930#post21465