Solved

My burglar alarm won't work after a smart meter was fitted - why?

• 3 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Had a smart meter installed which resulted in my burglar alarm being damaged, spove to Ovo several times to get them to repair it. Apparently I have to sort out and pay for an electrician and ovo might compensate me. Why do ovo refuse to sort out the damage they have caused.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 4 January 2018, 11:22

Had a smart meter installed which resulted in my burglar alarm being damaged, spove to Ovo several times to get them to repair it. Apparently I have to sort out and pay for an electrician and ovo might compensate me. Why do ovo refuse to sort out the damage they have caused.

Sorry to hear about this issue, @Annoyedwithovo

This will be related to the power being cut to the property. That is all the engineer will do: shut off the power, fit the meter, put the power back on.

What the engineer should also do is advise you to turn your appliances off before this happens, or get you to shut power off at the fuse box. If an electrician confirms a fault and that it was directly related to the smart meter being fitted, we will be happy to compensate. We'd just need a copy of the engineer report sent to us at: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry to hear about this issue, @Annoyedwithovo

This will be related to the power being cut to the property. That is all the engineer will do: shut off the power, fit the meter, put the power back on.

What the engineer should also do is advise you to turn your appliances off before this happens, or get you to shut power off at the fuse box. If an electrician confirms a fault and that it was directly related to the smart meter being fitted, we will be happy to compensate. We'd just need a copy of the engineer report sent to us at: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
Ovo has caused the issue. It is not up to the customer to sort your mess out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Ovo has caused the issue. It is not up to the customer to sort your mess out.
We won’t be able to help without any information. Please send the engineer report to the email address Tim has mentioned and we’ll get the ball rolling with this.

Lucy