Solved

Is it possible to move the smart meter aerial to improve signal?

• 12 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I'm consistently having problems with the smart meter connecting (ie solid WAN light). As the meters are in the basement, where reception is poor to non existent at times, I was wondering how easy it would be to temporarily disconnect the supplied aerial from the electrical smart meter, or the unit the cable is attached to and feed it through the floor to the room above where there is better reception? I'm guessing this might be best done by a qualified electrician rather myself?

thanks
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 27 October 2017, 15:06

Hello,

I'm consistently having problems with the smart meter connecting (ie solid WAN light). As the meters are in the basement, where reception is poor to non existent at times, I was wondering how easy it would be to temporarily disconnect the supplied aerial from the electrical smart meter, or the unit the cable is attached to and feed it through the floor to the room above where there is better reception? I'm guessing this might be best done by a qualified electrician rather myself?

thanks

This is a really good idea, Wouster but I’m afraid at the moment, this isn’t something that would be feasible. We’re looking into other what other options would be available and if there are any changes, we’ll let you know.

Lucy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello,

thanks

This is a really good idea, Wouster but I’m afraid at the moment, this isn’t something that would be feasible. We’re looking into other what other options would be available and if there are any changes, we’ll let you know.

Lucy