Solved

IHD showing 60p of usage first thing in the morning - what is this?

My smart meter tells me that I have used 55/60 pence of electricity/gas when I get up before I use anything. Is this the daily standing charge?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 22 August 2018, 11:51

I assume you're looking at the In-Home Device (IHD) rather than the Smart Meter itself, @Robinson_42? I think there answer you need is given here where @Lucy_OVO confirms that the IHD readings include the daily standing charges.

**Updated 16/07/2019**
View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Robinson_42 Hmmm This is something I have never really checked on my smart meter before. But if you want a definite answer. Have you tried searching your query on the forum by using the search toolbar? Or I know a great group of people might be able to help! @Bumblebee ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I assume you're looking at the In-Home Device (IHD) rather than the Smart Meter itself, @Robinson_42? I think there answer you need is given here where @Lucy_OVO confirms that the IHD readings include the daily standing charges.

**Updated 16/07/2019**
Why does my smart meter show a reading of 67p first thing at morning about 6am. If it is the things on standby it would show £2-68 at end of day without using any thing else, most of the time it it doesn’t reach that using gas &electric
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Tony3179 - this sounds like it might be your standing charge. Do you know what your SC is per day for electricity and gas? You can find it on your profile information online.

Hope this helps!
Each night at about 01.00 am, instead of displaying zero at the start of a new day, it shows 49 pence. No electricty or gas has been used. I'm wondering whether this is the combined standing charge. Does anyone know?
Was about to put up a post asking why my meter was still displaying the daily usage at circa £4.50 well past midnight when it ticked past 1am and reset to 57p. I’m assuming this is the standard daily charge for both gas and electric
Userlevel 5
We already had a topic on this, @Screenarena & @Stevofoz - so I've moved your query over here!

Check out the best answer at the top. :)

Eva
Got up this morning at 7.00am, heating had been on for 40 mins, and my smart meter reading was showing £5.40 for the 'Used So Far Today' - across both Electricity and Gas Utilities'.....really high

7.30 am the heating went off, and the display then showed £1.70ish for the 'Used So Far Today' across both Electricity and Gas Utilities'....which felt more normal

Why was it showing such a high reading up until the the heating went off....or was this just a coincidence. Surely 'Used So Far Today' should be from 12.00midnight to 12 midnight?

Just concerned I was getting 'super' charged before 7.30?

Any assistance appreciated. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Why was it showing such a high reading up until the the heating went off....or was this just a coincidence. Surely 'Used So Far Today' should be from 12.00midnight to 12 midnight?

This your In Home Display (IHD) @Goldy ? It should be from 00:00-12:00 for the 'used so far' info, and it shouldn't change halfway through the day. Is the time showing on the device correct?

@Stevofoz @Screenarena @Robinson_42 have you had something similar?
Yep - the time on the device is correct
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yep - the time on the device is correct

Let's get the Customer Support team involved then @Goldy - hello@ovoenergy.com
Why does my smart meter show that electric cost more in the afternoon
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Pwg1997 - I've moved your post over here. Were you referring to your In Home Display?