Solved

How can I tell how often my smart meter is sending readings to OVO?

• 7 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Apologies if I’ve missed an earlier topic in the forum (I have spent quite a while searching, honest) but I’ve recently had an eMail advising that my meter was set to monthly readings.

Is is there any way to see how frequently readings are being sent to OVO from the smart meters?

The reason for asking is that I’m sure when the meters were originally installed 6 months ago they were set to 1/2 hourly, but only readings from the gas meter were being sent (I’ve had to submit monthly reading for the electricity). Turns out I had been given a reconditioned meter (starting reading value was 15, 000 odd units!) and it had not been properly reset or commissioned and so was not sending readings.

Finally managed to get an engineer out to perform a system reset, which I think is what maybe has caused the frequency to be set back to monthly.

After the reset I’m now seeing cost readings for both gas and electricity on my IHD, but in the My OVO app only the gas is showing as being a smart meter; the electricity meter looks as thought it’ll still need me Tom submit a reading.

Any helpful tips or info gratefully received.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 February 2019, 17:42

Is there any way to see how frequently readings are being sent to OVO from the smart meters?

Great question this, @Gareth Noakes

Apart from getting access to the Energy Breakdown feature when the smart meter is sending us readings every half an hour, there's no way to actually know for sure via MyOVO.

We can confirm this for you though, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Is there any way to see how frequently readings are being sent to OVO from the smart meters?

Great question this, @Gareth Noakes

Apart from getting access to the Energy Breakdown feature when the smart meter is sending us readings every half an hour, there's no way to actually know for sure via MyOVO.

We can confirm this for you though, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com.