Solved

Current Day historical usage not displaying on website or phone app

• 10 January 2018
  • 31 replies

Is it just me, or is anyone else having difficulty viewing historical usage by day on either the OVO website or the phone app (Android). I know my smart meter is working as I can see the instantaneous usage figure at the top of the screen, for both gas and electricity, but the current day view just displays as "Sorry there is no data avaiable for this period right now. Check back soon". The weekly and monthly views work fine, it just seems to be the current day that's not.
I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the past but usually it's rectified itself within a day or so, but this has been the case for a few days now (might even be getting on for a week as I can't recall the last time I saw it working successfully now).
Also I'm not sure if it's related or not, but one of the LED bars on the receiver plugged into my router is no longer displaying either (so I've got 3 green LED bars instead of 4). I've tried powering off and back on but it's made no difference.
Any suggestions from the community would be gratefully received. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 15 January 2018, 18:50

Hi guys! @Pezzer321 @magic9 @wire934 @nicka88

Your half-hourly readings are relayed to us through the IHD (strangely - it's just the way the Smart Secure system works), unlike the daily reading which is sent direct from the electricity meter.

If you can't see your daily graph on your MyOVO account or your IHD, this likely indicates that signal between the electricity meter and the IHD isn't strong enough. Try unplugging your IHD, then moving it to a position closer to your electricity meter, plug it back in and turn it on.

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a closer look at your account. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DoB in the message.

Nancy
View original

31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
I've been waiting for this to get fixed as well, must be at least a week now. I've also noticed that at least one daily figure is wrong. My heating broke down, so for a 24 hour period I only used a smidgeon of gas for hot water, yet the bar/figure for that day shows the same as the previous day when the heating was working for part of the day. I am rapidly losing confidence in the Usage page as it stands, let alone hope that I will ever be able to get at my data via a download or an api.
hi the same thing with my meter. since 7 jan no longer displays current day usage. i emailed ovo but they asked me to join this forum !
Same for me. I've been unable to see current day usage since Jan 4th . It looks as though an update to the gateway has been corrupted. LEDs A, B and D are green with C and E not lit.
Same for me. I've been unable to see current day usage since Jan 4th . It looks as though an update to the gateway has been corrupted. LEDs A, B and D are green with C and E not lit.

Thanks wire934.

Not my imaginiation then, like you LED C is the one that's no longer showing, though to be fair I don't think E has ever been lit (but the information I got with the receiver was particularly vague about what the fifth one was for anyway).
It's not a show-stopper, but a bit annoying. Also as a further update, my electricity figure for the 10th hasn't updated on the weekly or monthly views now either, yet my gas one has. A bit bizarre really !!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Don't think my gateway has ever shown C and E green. Just A,B and D. No change to gateway that I can see.
My electricity figures for the 10th and 11th have updated now and are suspiciously identical down to 2 decimal places, yet the gas ones are different. I'm suspecting some sort of system issue is at fault as I can't see how it's something happening at my end.
I had hoped one of the OVO moderators (@Tim_OVO, @Lucy_OVO, etc.) might have chipped in with an update on this by now, as the option to display by day is still not working.
Userlevel 2
had my smart meters fitted last week and the live usage started working on friday.
Same issue - the Year, Month and Week views work OK but the Day view is empty with message "Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now".

I dont have a gateway - just a new IHD connected to wifi.

Please fix
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi guys! @Pezzer321 @magic9 @wire934 @nicka88

Your half-hourly readings are relayed to us through the IHD (strangely - it's just the way the Smart Secure system works), unlike the daily reading which is sent direct from the electricity meter.

If you can't see your daily graph on your MyOVO account or your IHD, this likely indicates that signal between the electricity meter and the IHD isn't strong enough. Try unplugging your IHD, then moving it to a position closer to your electricity meter, plug it back in and turn it on.

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a closer look at your account. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DoB in the message.

Nancy
Hi Nancy,
Nothing to do with distance, my data from the gateway just disappeared at 9:14 on January 4th. I've emailed twice receiving not very helpful replies.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I unplugged the IHD months ago @Nancy_OVO , and my daily usage figures only stopped working this year. Will message you with my details.
Userlevel 2
I can see the daily and real-time readings on the IHD no problem. I also see the live usage, week and month views via the app/website so this has nothing to do with distance between the meter and the IHD or none of it would work !
hi my problem is also nothing to do with distance fron meter. it is only 5ft away through outside wall and was working fine up to 4 jan. i not use twitter or facebook. ihd works fine.thatshows daily usage ok. it also shows 3 bars for both wifi and meter signal strength. it must be IT related for others to have problem also
I reported this problem last week, raised it through Facebook messenger as instructed, no update.

I can see my live usage figure.in the app / web page, but no historical data for the day.
The daily figure is obviously being reported in by the meter but it's annoying not to be able to track the daily figure over the day.
same problem for me. i was told to move ihd didplay nearer to meter but obviously wasnt that as had been working fine up to 4 jan in position it was in.
Userlevel 2
Same for me.
I have the smart gateway and haven’t used the (crap) IHD for months...
The ‘day’ tab has been useful to me to ensure that my central heating thermostats are working correctly.
Come on OVO - I haven’t seen a single sensible response to this issue... Let us know what’s wrong and when it might get fixed please!
Same for me.
I have the smart gateway and haven’t used the (crap) IHD for months...
The ‘day’ tab has been useful to me to ensure that my central heating thermostats are working correctly.
Come on OVO - I haven’t seen a single sensible response to this issue... Let us know what’s wrong and when it might get fixed please!

Thanks MOF. I don't even have an IHD, just the gateway as when I signed up a few years ago it was one or the other !

@Nancy_OVO clearly there is a wider issue here - lots of people reporting the same issue and on the same date, and whilst I can't remember exactly what date mine stopped working, it was about 10 days ago so probably was the 4th !
Can you escalate this with your in-house technical team please, and as with everyone else, please ask the team not to try the old "turn off/on the gateway or move it to another room" tactic - (a) it's been working fine up until the problem recently started, and that's nearly 3 years of use, and (b) it needs to plug into my Wifi router (via an Ethernet cable), the position of which is constrained as that needs to be close to the BT master socket, so I can't move it (or the gateway) elsewhere.
Many thanks.
My same day half hourly record also stopped working on 7th January. Week, Month and Year are fine (with data up to previous day).

It cant be the IHD-Wifi-Ovo updating path as previously suggested for the simple reason that my live reading giving power drawn at current time is still working on my Ovo App (including when not at home) and that is also updated via the same IHD-Wifi-Ovo route as the half hourly readings.

So please Ovo - you have an IT issue affecting a good number of you customers, please sort it!
Userlevel 3
Looks like the website is now just not loading the 'Day' tab any more, it used to give an error but now nothing.

It would be nice to know if there is an issue and what the expected ETA is for a fix? It's obviously not a client-side issue given the amount of people who have this problem from the 4th of January.
yes ovo must now be loojing into this. day ta still appears in ovo app but now when you hover ovet it to open day up nothing happens
Userlevel 4
Badge
Still no visible progress on this issue. You're obviously trying because now the daily tab appears to have been disabled. Until it's possible for me to get at my data via a download csv or restful API, I think it would be better for me to switch back to the old half hourly bar charts. I'm about to get a new c/h boiler and I really want to monitor gas usage against indoor/outdoor temperatures, during this cold weather, before it's changed.
I've unplugged the gateway, will I revert back to the half hourly readings or do you also have to do something?
Please will you also let me know when the download/api is ready for beta testing, so that I can reconnect the gateway. Thanks.
The readings for Year, Month and Week display but I get the following message for Day - Total Usage - 0kWh Total Cost - No Pricing Available.

This message also appears - Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now. Please check back again soon.

This is for both gas and electricity. I have called customer services last week but it still does not display.

Prior to about 10 days ago this facility worked.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
The readings for Year, Month and Week display but I get the following message for Day - Total Usage - 0kWh Total Cost - No Pricing Available.

This message also appears - Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now. Please check back again soon.

This is for both gas and electricity. I have called customer services last week but it still does not display.

Prior to about 10 days ago this facility worked.

Hi @Paul Phillips,

I've moved your post over to this topic, where you should find the help you need!

Nancy
surely ovo will look in to repairing this the number of customers like me who have the same issue and stop fobbing you off by asking you to move the IHD nearer to the meter.
Mine is now working. No explananation why
Userlevel 2
Yep - mine's working now too. Thanks Ovo!

I'd also like API access or some means of downloading a CSV.
Please let us know if and when we might get access to our usage data.

Cheers... Martin