Solved

Change to new Utility Supplier - Pure Planet

• 8 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I have recently moved from British Gas to a new electricity provider Pure Planet. On paper it sounds like a great service, however as they only provide Support via a clunky email system, all queries are directed to their "Not so Smart" AI Bot !!!

In summary, I have no issue with my BG closing account reading and my opening Pure Planet reading (11161). However and having now provided Pure Plant the meter reading for the first months usage the smart meter shows a value of (14700). I have no idea how or why the reading has shot-up to this value, as my average monthly usage with BG is typically 350 units and here we can see the meter reading usage to be 10 times this figure. I would also like to add that we were away for 7 days in April due to Easter holiday.

As Pure Planet are unable to remotely read the meter (like most suppliers) they simply go by the meter reading provided by the customer and as entered via the App at the end of each month. So therefore I am now at the mercy of a new Supplier and a Smart Meter reading that is both inaccurate and no longer being remotely managed by my supplier.

Any help or suggestions towards how best I can resolve my predicament would be greatly appreciated 🙂
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 15 May 2019, 12:27

Hi @Buck Rogers,

Though a lot of these processes are standard across the energy industry, we can't really comment on other suppliers' practises. Pure Planet have their own online community which you can find here, as well as a webchat service within their app.

Thanks
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Buck Rogers,

Though a lot of these processes are standard across the energy industry, we can't really comment on other suppliers' practises. Pure Planet have their own online community which you can find here, as well as a webchat service within their app.

Thanks