Solved

Can the Liberty 100 Smart meter function as a two rate meter?

• 23 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Can you tell me please is the Liberty 100 Smart Meter you fitted a 'dual' or even 'triple' rate meter?

If it is can you tell what your dual rate tariff is please. I ask as I have just purchased an electric car and it will probably make sense to charge at a lower rate at night.

Many thanks

John 🙂
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 24 January 2018, 15:04

Hi,

Can you tell me please is the Liberty 100 Smart Meter you fitted a 'dual' or even 'triple' rate meter?

If it is can you tell what your dual rate tariff is please. I ask as I have just purchased an electric car and it will probably make sense to charge at a lower rate at night.

Many thanks

John :-)

Hi @JohnB,

The Liberty 100 meter can function as a two-rate meter, but not three rate. This particular model of meter is designed to be connected to domestic supply with no additional connections (like storage heaters).

We can also install a Liberty 110 meter which is designed for electricity supplies that have a separate connection for storage heaters. This model of meter has an extra 'port' or 'terminal' to link up to them. These models can also function as single or dual rate, which we can change remotely.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi,

Many thanks

John :-)

Hi @JohnB,

The Liberty 100 meter can function as a two-rate meter, but not three rate. This particular model of meter is designed to be connected to domestic supply with no additional connections (like storage heaters).

We can also install a Liberty 110 meter which is designed for electricity supplies that have a separate connection for storage heaters. This model of meter has an extra 'port' or 'terminal' to link up to them. These models can also function as single or dual rate, which we can change remotely.

Hope this helps,
Nancy