Solved

Why don't OVO do Economy 10 with Vcharge?

Hi all,

I Just had my Vcharge installed today and it looks great.

I was told to check my account was now showing Economy 10 and I couldn’t work it out online so I called up the Ovo helpline and they told me they do not do economy 10 unless it was at the property previous to joining ovo.

This then confused me as I thought the whole point of having the vcharge was so that it would use the heaters at the reduced energy rate as per the advert. I swapped my original economy 7 for an ovo smart meter so it was still using economy 7.

I think to top it off the offer ovo were offering me today to extend my energy for two years is even more expensive than I’m paying now which means I would be paying extra for 6 months.

I was on such a high earlier with the new vcharge technology and now I feel deflated, can anyone confirm if the person I was talking to was jut wrong with her advice? Thanks

Chris
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 13 March 2018, 16:26

Hi @youster123

All our smart meters will be Economy 7, but that's OK. Your heating system will still give you heating when you need it, from energy when it was cheap: https://www.ovoenergy.com/vcharge.

You just need to remember when your off peak usage is (midnight-7am GMT), so that you can use your other appliances at that time.

Tim

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @youster123

All our smart meters will be Economy 7, but that's OK. Your heating system will still give you heating when you need it, from energy when it was cheap: https://www.ovoenergy.com/vcharge.

You just need to remember when your off peak usage is (midnight-7am GMT), so that you can use your other appliances at that time.

Tim

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close